Craig Reid

livivoice

A fella in my work is up for domestic shortly and he is adament that he didnt even as much as shout at his Mrs.

I have no idea the extent of Reids misdemeanours but lets wait and see rather than hang him out to dry on the basis of heresay.

Thats obviously foregoing the fact that he isnt very good it fitba

I am sure the case got thrown out a while ago. I am sure i saw him post something like "Glad that's all out the way, let's get back to football"

If that's the case a good number on here will be disappointed. I don't particularly want to see him playing again for us simply because I don't believe he's good enough, but for some wanting him jailed for a crime that no one knows whether he committed is pretty poor

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but that's what I thought.

I always liked Reid, honest hard working, may not have the ability required but decent signing at the time. The two years was sketchy though.

I am with Busta on this.

Some on here are hardly forgiving of players who do not perform like Messi week in week out. Conveniently forgetting our place in Scottish Football and the associated budgets our Managers (past and present) have to work with.

If he did assault a woman then he deserves the book thrown at him - but I have seen little evidence other than comments on here to back that up. If he is or has been cleared then am more than happy to have him in the squad. May not be the most talented, but he at least tries and has turned in a few decent performance in his time with us.

Reid is not perhaps the player you want to have as a first pick if you want to be making progress in the league.

He is however one of those types who Motherwell have made extremely good use of over the years in that as a "fill-in" kind of player he is never startling but rarely horrific across several different positions.

I do suspect he'll be looking for a new club in 12 months time.

Never ever had a problem with seeing Craig Reid on the teamsheet. If his personal gets sorted out he'll be a valuable addition to the squad.

Me neither.

He's a classic example of a player coming in, doing a decent job (didn't he basically play for free until he got his contract?), giving the fans a magic moment up at Aberdeen and then a couple of months later, when he's been playing out of position in a poor team, he's suddenly the worst player ever.

He's a decent squad player and even if you think Josh Law is a better right back, which is debatable, you'd have to be a loony to think Law was better in midfield. Reid gave some excellent performances there which, as is usually the case, is all to easily forgotten by some.