Travel To Inverness

Friends Fare was only available for the return leg, with it being £45+ for the Glasgow to Inverness section of the journey. 4 of us heading up by car on the Saturday morning and stayting over.

Must be something on in Inverness that weekend as hotels are either sold out or £200+ a room. We are booked into a shithole hostel just round the corner from the train station. For less than a score for a night, you get what you pay for!

Really looking forward to it. Confident the match is going to be on the Saturday after their defeat last night but are covered if they do an Aberdeen and hump Astra in Romania next week.

Looking forward to another cracking night in Inverness. The midweek match at the end of the 2013/2014 season kicked off a cracking evening!

It's the Inverness Tourist Hostel. Do you know it?

We've stayed in there for Inverness Away before mate, it's actually decent given the price. As long as you don't electrocute yourself on some of the sockets hanging out of the walls it's perfectly fine. There's a decent size common room/lounge bit with a big TV and couches if you're having a cargo before heading out to cut down costs too.

• Like 1

Not really restricted to Inverness but if you know you are going to do a lot of train days with a family member or a mate over the course of the season then that Two Together railcard that's being advertised just now might be worth looking into.

It's £30 (or £15 each) up front but after that you get a third off any rail fares for any journey you do together. For example the good lady and I have booked to go up and see the folks in Aberdeen at the end of August. With that card we've got a return from Queen Street for £29.

If you're going to be going Tynecastle, Inverness, Dingwall, Aberdeen, Parkhead, Killie and the two Dundee teams by train then you'll make up your £15/£30 in no time and should make a decent saving over the piece.

http://www.twotogether-railcard.co.uk/

Yes and No.

I went to Pittodrie for that day on the Bellshill Bus and in trying to sort out a seat joined their Facebook group.

There was a message actually came through this morning saying that there wouldn't be a bus for Inverness and any being organised in the future would be organised by Brian Worton again rather than Marc Welsh.

We've stayed in there for Inverness Away before mate, it's actually decent given the price. As long as you don't electrocute yourself on some of the sockets hanging out of the walls it's perfectly fine. There's a decent size common room/lounge bit with a big TV and couches if you're having a cargo before heading out to cut down costs too.

Good stuff. So long as it is clean then it will serve its purpose.

Yes and No.

I went to Pittodrie for that day on the Bellshill Bus and in trying to sort out a seat joined their Facebook group.

There was a message actually came through this morning saying that there wouldn't be a bus for Inverness and any being organised in the future would be organised by Brian Worton again rather than Marc Welsh.

Not really restricted to Inverness but if you know you are going to do a lot of train days with a family member or a mate over the course of the season then that Two Together railcard that's being advertised just now might be worth looking into.

It's £30 (or £15 each) up front but after that you get a third off any rail fares for any journey you do together. For example the good lady and I have booked to go up and see the folks in Aberdeen at the end of August. With that card we've got a return from Queen Street for £29.

If you're going to be going Tynecastle, Inverness, Dingwall, Aberdeen, Parkhead, Killie and the two Dundee teams by train then you'll make up your £15/£30 in no time and should make a decent saving over the piece.

http://www.twotogether-railcard.co.uk/

Thanks for the info, might need to resort to the two together card if there are no buses running. Just seen said post on facebook. I'll see if the central branch are running a bus.

Cheers.

I'm going to be in Inverness this weekend so going to try and get along. Anyone know ticket info? Mainly if its pay at the gate and cost. Cheers

It'll be pay at the gate (was when I went and there's zero chance of selling out the away end!). I'm sure prices were reasonable (in Scottish football terms). £20 maybe?

Got a mate who lives in Elgin so getting a wee overnight and getting the train down from there. First time to the Caledonian Stadium - any recommendations for pubs between the train station and ground?

Prices went up on the official site last night as:

Adults: £21

Over 65′s & 16-25 yrs £16

Under 16s £10

Got a mate who lives in Elgin so getting a wee overnight and getting the train down from there. First time to the Caledonian Stadium - any recommendations for pubs between the train station and ground?

Prices went up on the official site last night as:

Adults: £21

Over 65′s & 16-25 yrs £16

Under 16s £10

The exchange on academy st usually has a few well fans in on match days, also the phoenix a bit further down on same side is ok, avoid the sports bar on academy st its a shit hole.