Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 29 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Both were good players.thats about it!!

Mcstay had the potential to be better but due to him being too quiet and not confident enough his career stunted and ultimately was a disappointment.

Ferguson was overly confident but this didnt make him any better than goodhis brother was a better talent and a young Durrant was better than all of them!!

Anyway, this is a Motherwell forum..none of them could lace Tommy OHaras boots!! :)

They could only dream about being a Davide Ferrère

Barry Freguson was a great player.

Probably an age thing, but while Ferguson was very good, he wasn't in the great Scottish midfielders class like a Souness or even a Gary McAllister - both of whom proved themselves on bigger stages.

Probably an age thing, but while Ferguson was very good, he wasn't in the great Scottish midfielders class like a Souness or even a Gary McAllister - both of whom proved themselves on bigger stages.

I am in no way comparing them, wee Bazza was a great player, as much of a wee pirck he was on the park for Rangers.

Gary Mac was world class. Souness I missed.

Kallum Higginbotham against Josh Law. The fear...

This is a worry and Law will require as much help as possible, as on his day Higginbotham can be a handful. I always remember the scissor kick goal that he scored for us against Hibs, it was different class. I thought he deserved a deal at Fir Park, however, those in charge at the time obviously thought differently.

When he can be bothered he is a good player.

Seems to be far too many games when he really doesn't bother, though.

However, that could be said of a good few players who have been handed extended deals at Motherwell (he would have been a much better asset than lets say Bob McHugh). Sometimes you need to take a gamble on ‘luxury’ players, and when he is on form he is a class above (the chipped penalty v Celtic is just another example of how much confidence the boy has in his own ability).

• Like 1

He showed potential but at the end of the day only played 10 times, 7 as sub. 1 belter of a goal mind you and I think that is the thing we remember,

Had we not got McFadden in at the same time in the Jan/Feb, he would likely have played more and I would imagine would have been signing for us. But given we then went and signed McFadden on a perm deal it was never going to happen.

I'll start to worry if we don't pick up some points here.

Killie have conceded at least 2 goals in 13 of their last 14 league games so at least losing 2-1 again doesn't seem very likely.

I'll say 3-1 Motherwell. Moult, Mcdonald x2.

The discussion over the how's and why's of Higginbotham's relationship with the East Stand patrons has been done a few times but there's no denying it certainly adds to the entertainment......or at least it has thus far, seeing as the additional motivation of trying to get it up 1500 folk has mostly ended up with him being put off his game or when he has been inspired the overall result still hasn't gone his way.

It still makes me laugh when I think of that game where he slowly inched his way off the park with about 5 minutes left taking the acclaim for the two goals he'd scored thinking he'd won the game for Thistle and within about two minutes of him planking his arse on the bench we'd gone from 3-2 behind to 4-3 in front with everyone chanting "Kallum Kallum what's the score" at him.

Aye, his presence in a Killie shirt tomorrow certainly adds to the fixture for me.

If it isn't already, baracloughs jacket will be on a shakey peg if we don't win today - rightly so.

Considering we have a completely front heavy squad at the moment and virtually no central midfield, I'm hoping that we change our formation from this one up top crap and try to convert some chances - get the game done by half time - like Ross co did against killie.

Considering that, I'd line up:

----------------------Ripley------------------

Kennedy------McManus------Laing------Chalmers

----------------------Lasley---------------------------

Ainsworth------------------------------Johnson

---------------------McDonald------------

--------------Fletcher--------Robinson

Subs:

Twardzik

Hammell

Watt

Cadden

Leitch

Thomas

Clarkson

Moult

Last chance saloon for Barraclough today. Nae excuses. Even if we do win I've no confidence in the manager that he can take us forward.

Not only will defeat mean 5 defeats in a row, we'll have been beaten, at home, by a team who have been pumped regularly in their own back yard this season, and quite possibly put us bottom of the league. Players have to take responsibility also, but then most of them were signed, or re-signed by Barraclough....

For the record, I think we'll lose.

you would trust the wingers to track back and not only help out but be our midfield also?

Not at all.

We know we have no "midfield" to speak of. What I'm suggesting is rather than trying to do a dodgy patch up job, playing players out of position or those who contribute nothing, we get our 'best'/fittest' 11 on the park and go at Kilmarnock. We know they concede goals, we know we have a shite midfield - I'm suggesting we should maximise our threat to their weakness and stop trying to patch up an area of the pitch which is desperately requiring reinforcements.

Considering that, I'd line up:

----------------------Ripley------------------

Kennedy------McManus------Laing------Chalmers

----------------------Lasley---------------------------

Ainsworth------------------------------Johnson

---------------------McDonald------------

--------------Fletcher--------Robinson

Leaves Lasley far too exposed in midfield.

McDonald has to play up front or not at all. There is a big difference between dropping deeper to get the ball and having to get forward from midfield.

• Like 2

Leaves Lasley far too exposed in midfield.

McDonald has to play up front or not at all. There is a big difference between dropping deeper to get the ball and having to get forward from midfield.

He is going to be exposed anyway. Leitch offers nothing and I don't believe we have anyone else capable of doing a job in the middle of the park.