Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 29 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Just watched the TV highlights - a stonewall penalty for me. For whatever reason the defender just hacks Moult down from behind - can't see what is soft about it. An agricultural challenge.

Felt the TV pictures were inconclusive on the penalty and that Moult was probably offside for the disallowed goal.

my assesment of yesterday was:-

Ripley is a gd keeper.

Chalmers looked good at left back, mick and kennedy were solid, law gives me the fear.

Lasley dug in, leitch played not too bad at all, ainsworth didnt have his best game, Dom was the best player on the park by a mile although did waste a few final balls.

Skippy was really really poor and should have been taken off, his form has been rank.

Moult ran about and was ok.

There is something missing and I cant put my finger on it, we are making hard work of every game we play, I hope the manager knows whats missing or its going to be a long hard season.

i did note however that killie are utterly piss poor and im sure locke will be given the boot soon.

my assesment of yesterday was:-

Ripley is a gd keeper.

Chalmers looked good at left back, mick and kennedy were solid, law gives me the fear.

Lasley dug in, leitch played not too bad at all, ainsworth didnt have his best game, Dom was the best player on the park by a mile although did waste a few final balls.

Skippy was really really poor and should have been taken off, his form has been rank.

Moult ran about and was ok.

There is something missing and I cant put my finger on it, we are making hard work of every game we play, I hope the manager knows whats missing or its going to be a long hard season.

i did note however that killie are utterly piss poor and im sure locke will be given the boot soon.

Think this is a fair assessment, maybe a wee bit harsh on Law, Skippy and Moult. Thought Law did OK yesterday and I felt whilst Skippy gave the ball away far too often he did look like the guy who might play a defence splitter. As for Moult he is a right digger which is great but problem is if he drifts back and wins the ball there is then nobody for him to play for in an offensive position which in turn makes him look bang average.

Also agree there is one cog missing. I'm hoping it is Pearo or someone of that ilk but to me we look like being not a kick in the arse away from being a decent but unspectacular middle of the road team. Had we taken a couple of draws from the Saints and United game like we should have we would now be saying we've had a good start. Need to build on the last two results for Ross County who will undoubtedly be a sterner test.

Well, I've decided only to post when not battering the vodka.

Sorry my tablet does not allow quotes.

Am I on drugs or drink? Only drink mate.

Am I REALLY a Well fan? Hey, I've followed Motherwell from shithole to shithole, Katowice to Ibrox, I helped run a supporters bus and I've got claret and amber Samba, what more proof do you need?

Come back with a more sensible posts! Not even worth replying to with some of the roasters on here. It was an attempt at a bit of humour. Y'know, to bring a smile to Well supporting friends.

Anyway, I think I lied about the vodka thing. Bank holiday tomorrow.

• Like 5

I noticed that Bara was continually consulting Crags during the game whilst Robinson stood at the other side of the dugout. Might just be trying to integrate Crags into his game plan and philosophy of how he wants his team to play, considering that he's not been in place as long as our asst manager

I noticed that Bara was continually consulting Crags during the game whilst Robinson stood at the other side of the dugout. Might just be trying to integrate Crags into his game plan and philosophy of how he wants his team to play, considering that he's not been in place as long as our asst manager

Robinson was in the stand .He had to be as he was banned .

Penalty was right in front of me and I'd like to see replay from that angle as it looked soft.

It was the right decision, although most probably not a deliberate foul. Your defender is about to clear the ball and swings his leg to hack it away. Moult nips in unexpectedly and your lad whacks the back of his leg instead and not the ball, bringing him down. Watch the way Moult falls to the deck - not a dive.

In some ways similar to Louis Laing's red card last season for denying an opponent a goalscoring opportunity. Laing stumbled and fell and in doing so accidentally brought down an attacker. There was a lot of debate about that at the time on here but the rules say that if you bring an opponent down, accidentally or not its a foul. Had Moult been running the other way ie towards goal the chances are your defender would have been red carded.

I personally don't agree with that rule but there it is.

Craggs was the one in the dugout with the earpiece on and was connected to Robinson in the stand, going by the amount of facepalms, I'd think that the players, were not always achieving what the coaches were trying to get across

The penalty was a little lucky but a penalty and the offside goal was clearly onside. Ok a little tight but one you'd expect the linesman to get right more often than not. Tidy finish from Moult as well, if that had been given like to think we might have kicked on and really put Killie to the sword but at least it didn't come back to cost us any points.