Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 29 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

3 points!!! WOW!!! From a grand total of 3 shots on target. Relieved, but it would be more comfortable if somebody gave them some idea of where the goalposts and the crossbar actually were, and if somebody told them that's what they're supposed to aim at. Sorry guys, just get a bit frustrated that we haven't excited us positively since Rangers.

• Like 1

See, I thought Thomas' running was excellent, but smashing it straight against their centre half every time was counter productive. Raw and needs some strength work as well but got the hopes up big time.

Thought it was a solid, easy win today. A bit flappy at the start of the second half but never under serious pressure. Kennedy was excellent.

Not entirely sure why every pass from Law was criticised by folk near me in the East, but hell, why enjoy a game when you can get ripped into your chosen scapegoat instead?

Having said all that, Killie are fecking rancid.

• Like 1

Dreadful game but a win is a win and we badly needed it.

We looked pretty comfortable truth be told until Baraclough made some bizarre substitutions, bringing Laing on at right back who looked totally out of place and putting Law into midfield. At that point we didn't know what the hell we were doing and caused ourselves all sorts of problems, but thankfully Killie are absolutely dire and couldn't take advantage.

Moult is starting to grow on me but he really needs someone up top to support him.

McDonald had the killer pass at his feet a few times and screwed it up, he seems to be struggling at the minute. Would agree Dom was MOM again. Even when the defender reads what he's doing and takes the ball off him, he just tries again the next time and more often than not creates something through sheer determination.

3 points!!! WOW!!! From a grand total of 3 shots on target. Relieved, but it would be more comfortable if somebody gave them some idea of where the goalposts and the crossbar actually were, and if somebody told them that's what they're supposed to aim at. Sorry guys, just get a bit frustrated that we haven't excited us positively since Rangers.

Do you remember why we played Rangers? It was because we were 2nd bottom of the league. You don't change a team that bad that quickly. If we do turn it around, it's going to take months not weeks.

• Like 3

It's bizarre because he made a weird substitution last week, so all substitutions are now weird. The other option would have been to put clarkson on in midfield, nope. Taylor's return from suspension and the addition of another midfielder should take away the need for such substitutions going forward.

• Like 1

Bit of a laboured win in the end against a poor Kilmarnock team.

Started well in the first 15 - 20 minutes. Chambers, McDonald and Dom Thomas were linking up well and we were getting a lot of joy down that side.

However when we scored (didn't see the penalty incident) that good start just seemed to dissipate. All the energy and confidence was sucked out the stadium and the rest of the half was a pretty dull affair with not much happening.

Second half was all about poor final ball. Time and again we got into promising situations but McDonald and Dom Thomas needed to improve their final touch. I like Thomas, he's got talent and a great attitude but that part of his game needs to improve. We need to give him game time though so he can because otherwise he did very well.

Don't remember Jamie MacDonald having too many saves and while we were the better team and deserved to win it wasn't quite a satisfying result. The fact that we couldn't score in open play against a team of that standard means that we are still in a very precarious position.

At the back I thought Kieran Kennedy was excellent and fully deserved his MotM award.

Something to build on but we will need to raise the standard if we want to get anything of Ross County.

• Like 1

Do you remember why we played Rangers? It was because we were 2nd bottom of the league. You don't change a team that bad that quickly. If we do turn it around, it's going to take months not weeks.

Does your chat ever change????

Important win but fans have an entitlement to be entertained.......

& see there team have a go regardless of where we finished last season......

We should comfortably be a mid table team

I was never really concerned at losing game as Killie are terrible what does concern me is not being able to kill a team, Killie are terrible one of the worst iv saw for a long time yet we can't score from open play but a win is a win I suppose so try not to be too negative.

I thought Dom and Moult had good games, thought Leitch did ok but his distribution was poor and could have cost us against a better team

hows it bizarre to move law into midfield, and have laing at right back, when he needs to replace presumably leitch who's ran out of steam. There did not seem any other options available.

Reshuffling the defence when it was coping fine caused us problems. Laing didn't look comfortable at right back at all. I would have had Mcdonald off before Leitch.

I thought first 45 was entertaining. Team and formation worked a treat. Could have had a couple more I reckon. No real worries at the back.

First 15 of second half was a bit more settled but then last 30 mins was panic stations. Moult and Leitch replaced I think due to tiredness. New striker looked ok. Didnt have anyone to replace Leitch hence Laing and Law move. I think that firmed the right hand side up but then left the middle so so weak with an out of sorts Skippy, tiring Lasley and weak Law

All in I will take it and glad we saw it out.

EDIT:

Good games from Moult, Thomas, Ainsworth, Las 1st half, Kennedy and McManus I would say. The rest were average in my opinion.

its hardly a reshuffling job swapping one player. In many peoples opinion an uncomfortable Laing is still a better option than Law. Kennedy can play right back, but by all accounts was having a very good game in the center. As for who comes off, i cant believe he would have chosen to take off his only other proper midfield player (Leitch), unless he needed to come off for either poor performance or fitness issues. Hopefully next week their are more options in the middle.

Thought we were completely comfortable but ended up making things a bit difficult for ourselves. Getting the ball out to Thomas as much as we did in the opening stages put us on the front foot.

As critical as I've been of Josh Law he did everything that was asked of him today and by all accounts was being coached through the game by Kennedy and the manager on the touchline 1st half.

Fair play to the manager as well, as bizarre a sub as Laing for Leitch seemed he reacted to the fact that Killie had started targeting Law at that point.

Played some decent stuff in patches. Kennedy & McManus pretty much strolled the game and both Leitch and Moult showed up well.

The 451 is still an issue as we stumble in transitions, also we looked not too bad getting the ball to feet so the reverting to long kicks from hand was frustrating. Noticed Lasley having a go at Ripley about it at the end of the 1st half.

Either way I'll take the 3 points and the clean sheet.

All the above is written in full awareness that that is an utterly abject Killie team.

Exactly where we are right now, you mean?

Like u Iv seen a lot of disappointing years.

Fee with the set up we've got at the moment we should be comfortable.

I don't go to games expecting to win.

Just to be entertained & feel like we've had a go.

I feel we've got a squad capable of doing that.

Kilmarnock always have been the most pointless team is the league for me.

Think we'll get better as the season go's

Should have been more comfortable than it was but a good performance right up until the 70th minute and then as usual we started to fade. Managed to hang which is encouraging. Thought moult McDonald and Thomas should great chemistry moving the ball around the edge of te box well. New boy looks like a promising impact sub. Should have won by more but after good performances against utd and Aberdeen without getting the points, will take points at all costs.

• Like 1