Motherwell V Dundee Sat 12 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Sounded like a decent performance except from a bit of squeaky bum time with about 15 to go. Be interested to hear from those at the same how young Ben Hall got on.

Good result and the middle of the table is pretty congested now with United marooned at the bottom. Onwards and upwards Motherwell!

First half was probably our best performance since the play off matches. 2-0 going on 4, 5, 6. Really the game would have been done and dusted without a couple of great saves and missed chances.

Second half we looked a bit more tentative, like a team needing a win with a 2-0 lead to defend. We did still create chances but let Dundee come out towards more. When Dundee scored it looked like the old story of spurned chances but actually after a wee sticky spell immediately after, I thought we ran out comfortable winners.

Looking through the team it was hard to pick out a failure, changed days from a couple of months ago.

I think there was a lot at Dundee United that was rotten to the core, there were more than football issues there. McGhee had work to do because Baraclough seemed to be OK if plan A worked but could not adjust and also seemed incapable of instilling confidence in the team. However he did build us a team that was good and with proper management could do well.

As for our game today. First half was excellent, a combination of bad decisions by forward players and excellent goalkeeping gave Dundee a sniff at the break. They improved afterward but didn't get in behind us that often. McManus and Hall kept the line well overall but I didn't think McManus covered himself in glory at the goal.

Moult was absolutely outstanding, worked hard, good runs, tracks back and great finishing. Nice to see Clarkson get some game time and make a positive impact with the run and cross for the third goal.

Massive three points bearing in mind we have a six pointer in a fortnight and an almost certain defeat next week.

Great performance today a deserved win that should have been by a few more goals it was 3 going on 5 or 6 to be honest. Good solid debut start for Hall and Moult was brilliant his work rate is exceptional and scoring nice goals as well, he seems to be getting better each week.

Well that was for the most part very enjoyable. 1st half was best we have played since the play offs and follows up on the Hearts game.

Shame we had so few fans around to witness it.

I am going to go on Boxing Day and looking forward to it. Play like that and we ought not to lose.

Standouts were Moult (again), Marvin in the 1st half and credit to young Hall who did not do a whole lot wrong.

Much more optimistic that we will avoid bottom 2 places

The thing that I really like about moult is he looks as if he appreciates that he's got one of the best jobs in the world, in that he's a pro footballer and gives everything he has got every game.

His movement off the ball is excellent and a wee mention to the much maligned josh law who put in 2 brilliant corners for a set piece that was obviously worked on in training leading to moults goal and then in the 2nd half the exact same routine but louis put it narrowly over the bar.

No failures today and similarly nobody who was head and shoulders above the rest, a really good team performance today and if we play like that most weeks you'd like to think we would be fine.

• Like 1

I was sceptical of Moult to start with, but by fuck he has proven me wrong this season. Baraclough was a disaster on so many levels, but like Gannon before him, he has managed to pluck a few gems out of thin air...Johnston, Grimshaw, having smashing games today, but Moult was outstanding, even when he is playing poorly you know his work rate and his commitment will always be consistent.

Overall, we looked so much more organised than we have done for almost 2 years, a lot of that must be put down to the slight change in formation with 3 in the middle giving far better protection to our back line. 2nd half was a bit ropey at times and McGhees subs could have been utilized earlier to attempt to take the pressure off, but over the course of the 90, we were a million miles better than Dundee.

I was sceptical of Moult to start with, but by fuck he has proven me wrong this season. Baraclough was a disaster on so many levels, but like Gannon before him, he has managed to pluck a few gems out of thin air...Johnston, Grimshaw, having smashing games today, but Moult was outstanding, even when he is playing poorly you know his work rate and his commitment will always be consistent.

Overall, we looked so much more organised than we have done for almost 2 years, a lot of that must be put down to the slight change in formation with 3 in the middle giving far better protection to our back line. 2nd half was a bit ropey at times and McGhees subs could have been utilized earlier to attempt to take the pressure off, but over the course of the 90, we were a million miles better than Dundee.

It's hard to disagree that our best players right now are all barracloughs signings. That said if you throw shite at the moon the law of averages suggests it will be successful some time

• Like 2

The thing that I really like about moult is he looks as if he appreciates that he's got one of the best jobs in the world, in that he's a pro footballer and gives everything he has got every game.

He looks like a player who understands the edge that bit of extra fitness can give. If you watch him in the warm ups, he's out there giving it that bit more than any other player. Then to go on the pitch and put in the type of shifts he does shows dedication to fitness and conditioning that every player should aspire to.

It's hard to disagree that our best players right now are all barracloughs signings. That said if you throw shite at the moon the law of averages suggests it will be successful some time

Suppose that's similar to Gannon though...I'm in no way defending Baraclough, but the recent form of the 3 players I've mentioned is something we should be thanking him for