• Stephen Pearson
    • Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • David Clarkson
    • Dylan Mackin
    • Null Vote
    • And introducing our new option as requested by several.....No Idea, Wasn't There

Great team performance but Louis Moult was head and shoulders above the rest. I reckon it's no coincidence that he's done his coaching badges as he seems very aware of the right positions to take on the field. Add that to a willingness to work his arse off and he has the real makings of a fans favourite...

Moult for me. What a header for the goal and worked his socks off from the first minute to being subbed off. What a shift!

Special mention to McManus who I thought was tremendous, bar the minute he got absolutely done for their goal, at the back and guided young Hall, who himself didn't look at all out of place, through the game!

I voted Louis, however Ben Hall does deserve a mention for stepping up without fault. Credit to McManus for his part in that (and for an all round solid performance).

McManus does deserve credit, not only did he have a good game himself but was constantly talking to hall throughout the game. He's still a good leader and organiser although he his brain and legs have varying levels of capability as their goal yesterday indicated. Hammell was also culpable for their goal however

I'm not a fan of this "No Idea, Wasn't There" option, which adds precisely jack shit squared in my opinion. What's the thinking there?

Fairly self-explanatory I might have thought but there have been a few shouts of late for something along the lines to distinguish between votes of people who were voting null vote because they weren't there and others who were voting null vote because they believed nobody deserved a MOTM award.

No more, no less than that.

• Like 1

All it does is drive the overall % down. Bit odd to include I think.

Skews the percentages no more than the week-in, week-out piss-take votes you get no? At the end of the day who gets most votes wins, even though we've long since stopped keeping scores.

The world isn't going to stop turning if come a game at Dingwall or Inverness 'I wasn't there' is selected most often.

• Like 1

Can't fault any of the team yesterday. Thought Ben Hall showed up very well, it was a pretty bold move to start him but he didn't look out of place at all. McManus had his best game in ages. Big Ripley seemed like he was off his mark half a yard quicker as well and had a few decent stops.

Vote goes to Moult though, he really looks like he's found his feet. He's got a knack of being in the right place at the right time and he puts in a shift but I thought yesterday was his most complete game for us so far in terms of his all round performance.

Dont think there was a bad performance anywhere on the pitch for us.

Worthy mentions for young Hall who had a solid debut, McManus looked more focussed and ready for it than Ive seen him since the play offs, Grimshaw for a really tenacious midfield performance.

MoM though can only be one person. Louis Moult. Led the line, brought others into play, scored a good goal, unlucky with a couple more chances, workrate absolutely first class.

Fast becoming my favourite current Motherwell player. If we continue to play like that and keep him fit, we will have another player who can score 20 goals in a season.

Fairly self-explanatory I might have thought but there have been a few shouts of late for something along the lines to distinguish between votes of people who were voting null vote because they weren't there and others who were voting null vote because they believed nobody deserved a MOTM award.

No more, no less than that.

Fair enough, thanks Andy. (The "what" was quite self-explanatory, it was the "why" I was struggling with.)

Speaking as someone who only makes a couple of games every season, and who doesn't vote on any I haven't been at, I'd have been more tempted to remove the "Null Vote" category altogether rather than add another option to keep track of everyone who doesn't actually have an informed opinion but who just can't resist pressing a button. At least that way each vote would actually mean something, whether it was based on personally observing the whole ninety, the muted highlights on Alba, the opinion of your mate who did go, or just a vote for whoever was the biggest, handsomest bastard that week.

In the grand scheme of things though, as you say, it doesn't skew anything unduly. Maybe I should just get out more.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who only makes a couple of games every season, and who doesn't vote on any I haven't been at, I'd have been more tempted to remove the "Null Vote" category altogether rather than add another option to keep track of everyone who doesn't actually have an informed opinion but who just can't resist pressing a button.

There's already a button for people who didn't go or didn't have an opinion -- it's the "Show Results" button. Beats me why anyone would press Null Vote instead if they didn't even go to the game... kind of worrying for the future governance of the country if folk can't even vote properly on a fitba' website :)

• Like 1

Can't fault any of the team yesterday. Thought Ben Hall showed up very well, it was a pretty bold move to start him but he didn't look out of place at all. McManus had his best game in ages. Big Ripley seemed like he was off his mark half a yard quicker as well and had a few decent stops.

Vote goes to Moult though, he really looks like he's found his feet. He's got a knack of being in the right place at the right time and he puts in a shift but I thought yesterday was his most complete game for us so far in terms of his all round performance.

100% this, and would add that Johnson was outstanding both going forward and in covering back as required. Looks much fitter than earlier this season as well, not blowing out his arse after 65 mins.

I thought Grimshaw was a bit less effective than he was against Hearts but that burst up the right wing was just fantastic. Chris Humphrey would have been proud of the way he swept his was past challenge after challenge. What a pity after all of it the final ball wasn't quite there.

I thought Grimshaw was a bit less effective than he was against Hearts but that burst up the right wing was just fantastic. Chris Humphrey would have been proud of the way he swept his was past challenge after challenge. What a pity after all of it the final ball wasn't quite there.

Just like Chris then lol