Late Winners

gdalli10

With the forum in a better mood this week lets keep it positive and talk about memorable late goals for us.

There are obvious ones ie skippy Sunday and fitzy and more random ones. Tom Hateleys freekick goals at St Mirren and an equaliser in Odense looked an immense bounce in the stands.

However one of my favourite ones was a late John Sutton winner at St Johnstone under Craig Brown. Mainly because we were pish almost all game so it was unexpected. I think that was the game we broke some kind of clean sheet record

• Like 1

Stevie Kirk off the bench at Dens Park in the late eighties was a turning point for a season where we were dicing with relegation and for Kirkie where it silenced the boo boys and he went on to score four against St Mirren in, I think, the next match, turning around his career with us.

Mine have already been mentioned -

Ross vs Celtic in 1996. An early game in my life as a 'well fan. I was warned that it wasn't the norm and was well and truly given perspective in the 1-0 defeat to Raith Rovers 4 days later which sticks in my mind as one of the worst games I've ever been to. I'm sure they scored close to the 90th minute.

Hateley vs St Mirren 2011 "We are top of the league"

Reid at Pittodrie. Don't need to say more.

Fitzpatrick at Easter Road. One of my favourite Motherwell memories of being a youngster. It felt like he had an enormous support through in Edinburgh through for that game but not sure if its the nostalgia!

We definitely had a big support. I'm sure we filled the stand behind the goal and had a fair amount in the stand to the left of where we were.

My memory may be clouded by time and alcohol though. What a brilliant night it was.

Fitzy tips the late winner list for me! My first experience of a "big" win!

Late goals, however? Got to be Jutkiewicz, scored that goal against Hibs and, correct me if I'm wrong, he also scored a last minute equaliser at Ibrow two days later? Great way to sign off as a Motherwell player!

Also, Hateleys free kick. (Just pick one of them)

Fitzy tips the late winner list for me! My first experience of a "big" win!

Late goals, however? Got to be Jutkiewicz, scored that goal against Hibs and, correct me if I'm wrong, he also scored a last minute equaliser at Ibrow two days later? Great way to sign off as a Motherwell player!

Also, Hateleys free kick. (Just pick one of them)

Correct, been looking for highlights of that game for years. Fairly certain that we made a late two goal comeback in that game too

This season Louis Moult scored in the 90th minute to get us a draw against Ross County. Also scored in the 87th minute away to Kilmarnock for the win and Scott McDonald scored in the 90th minute to take the League Cup match against Morton to Extra Time.

Also another couple of late goals this season that weren't as crucial so it's not just late goals in the against column.