Motherwell V Aberdeen Sat 19 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

[quote name="gdalli10" post="466858

I mind a game at Fir park possibly in McGhee's first spell maybe before where they had to beat us to get into Europe and we won 2-1. They had Jimmy Calderwood, Lee Miller and Aluko I think Darren Smith was still with us. Can't find any highlights on YouTube any one help me out. Only 27 and my memory is gash already

We qualified for Europe that day.

That thunderstorm was mental. Mind getting getting drenched heading to spoons.

It was so hot that day that when the rain started I had steam rising from my head. It was so bad one fan even commented as we were clearing the stand lol

That thunderstorm was mental. Mind getting getting drenched heading to spoons.

Was that not the night Fir Park was struck by lightning during McGhee's interview and he visibly shat his pants with Chick Young on the other side of the camera? The power surge fried the PC at my mum and dad's a street away.

This is a real blow, thought we might have had a chance of getting something against them. I can see Aberdeen rejecting our proposal to postpone and can't really blame them given their current situation. Wonder if the SPFL can/will step in?

Surely Aberdeen have to reject our proposal? If our injury/illness situation is as bad as being rumoured then it will boost their position if they beat us by a few goals as opposed to winning by a goal or perhaps 2? Thats the theory of it anyway but it doesn't always turn out that way.

What's the cut off for smallest amount of available players in a matchday squad? If there is such a thing?

I'd presume 11, really, but that's solely based on logic rather than any knowledge of laws.

What's the cut off for smallest amount of available players in a matchday squad? If there is such a thing?

I'm not sure if there is a number quoted anywhere, but I see McGhee in the Evening Times today said that he'd be fine to go with 9 or 10 of his first team regulars, but if he only had 5 or 6 he'd be looking for a postponement.

I'm not so sure Aberdeen would have much of a say in it in all honesty.

The application would require to be made to the SPFL and justification made as to why - presumably comprising of reports, certificates, documentation etc. from the club doctor.

It would then be for whatever committee would deal with such a thing at the SPFL to consider the request and decide what course of action best toprotect the integrity of the competition [code: how confident Peter Lawell is of Celtic winning the league]

Removing Motherwell from the equation its always going to be a tricky decision. When you think that games can be postponed for much smaller numbers for international call ups then you might think a request on the grounds of mass illness would be looked at favourably. But then the counter argument could easily be this is why you have a thirty or so players registered at the clubs, to cover such eventualities.

The upside is that we would already appear to have the money in the bank from a big chunk of the travelling Dons but clearly the hope is we have a sufficient number recover that are able to eek out a favourable result come Saturday.

Did we not have a situation a few years ago when we asked to postpone a game due to illness and the opposition (possibly Dundee United) said no? I think this caused some bad feeling as we had accepted a postponement request from them in similar circumstances a few years previous.

The whole incident could have been the other way round with us refusing to postpone!