Motherwell V Aberdeen Sat 19 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Thought we would get something out of yesterday's game,some great displays and good to see both Moult and Skippy get goals.......who looked like he really enjoyed his

Thought the penalty was a bit harsh,from where I was sitting in the Cooper, thought Kennedy got the ball,and from the highlights the ref was not in the best position to give.........a win in the..next game against Ict looking vital with Dundee 2 up at half time

First and foremost, I've got to say that I'd love to see Aberdeen (or absolutely anybody else) win the league over either of the Glasgow bigots...

BUT...yesterday was absolutely fucking brilliant. From walking to Fir Park from the town centre with my two boys (none of us wearing colours), listening to random groups of Aberdeen fans singing, and telling each other in loud teuchter accents, 'it'll be 3,4,5-0 Aberdeen', 'Motherwell are shite', 'easy 3 points' etc etc. None of them seemed to realise that Aberdeen actually aren't very good, they have been more consistent than most this season, but in general they're really not anything to be lauded.

I had a wee sneaky feeling that we'd ruin their day...it had the feeling of a smaller scale Skippy Sunday.

I also think McGhees psychological game plan worked a treat...from our 'flu epidemic', all we really lost was Ben Hall and I reckon more was made of it by McGhee to try and unsettle the Dons.

On the game itself, I thought we got our game plan spot on. Aberdeen dominated possession but we looked dangerous on the break. The penalty was a stonewalled, and was a kick in the peas to be 1-0 down at half time. The front three for Motherwell came into their own though in the second half, to me it looked like it was only a matter of time before we scored...to score twice was fantastic, and in all honesty it could've been more.

Delighted for everybody at the Club, and now that we are more or less secure got next season, I hope McGhee can continue his good work into a full pre-season.

On Aberdeen...any team that gets beat off a side with Morgaro Gomis and Jack Leitch in central midfield shouldn't be anywhere near trophies. Surprised by the Dons fans too, firstly I thought there would have been more of them considering the size of the Club and what was at stake, and secondly at how quiet they were. Poor show in my opinion.

Last word on Barry Robson...fucking hell, 46 seconds on the park, superb stuff.

• Like 5

Not only took the stuffing out of their fans. Listening to BBC Scotland on the way to Motherwell prior to late goal biased Miller and Gordon had Aberdeen top of the league at 5pm. Definitely not impartial.

That could be said about most of the pundits on Radio Scotland though.

Murdo MacLeod being the worst for me.He seems to get paid to watch Celtic.

Thought the performance on Saturday was terrific, contrary to what McGhee said I thought we done well in the first half too all things considered. I was wary of Leitch playing with Gomis in the middle however I thought they done really good against a team with Aberdeen's quality. RIpley kept us in it, some of his shot stopping was very strong. Special mention to Kennedy who I thought added a bit of solidity to proceedings, Ben Hall has been doing well as of late but I think in the air he has been a bit suspect (appreciate he is only young) I thought Kennedy was better in this respect. Also for all his moaning and 5 offsides a game I think Skippy has been tremendous lately and has really showed his experience.

I was one of those who thought we should consider McGhee's position not so long ago and am happy to admit to being wrong, hats up off to him and team for turning things round. With the current attitude and performances I am confident we can get a result against Inverness and Celtic. Celtic in particular are there for the taking at Fir Park, they were horrendously bad against Killie.

Special mention to Kennedy who I thought added a bit of solidity to proceedings, Ben Hall has been doing well as of late but I think in the air he has been a bit suspect (appreciate he is only young) I thought Kennedy was better in this respect.

Kennedy's an interesting one for me. Like most when I watch him play I enjoy his physicality and willingness to put in a challenge.....but I can't shake off the feeling that it's not a case of if he's going to do something incredibly daft but when. A younger, less experienced and less psychotic version of Tim Clancy if you will.

Happily though he is young enough that, you would hope, with more experience the rashness will fade. Whilst he might have Manchester City and Leicester on his CV he's not got that much first team experience behind him so he's miles from the finished article yet.

I really like Kennedy. He's prone to an error but so was Hutchinson.

On Saturday I thought he looked more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Indeed the first goal stemmed from his willingness to create.

Credit to McGhee. I feared that Laing and Kennedy were getting treated a tad harshly since December but the managers' approach seems to be having the desired effect on the pair of them now.

When was the last time Aberdeen wore their home kit at Fir Park? It's not something I've ever known before.

Probably because I’m old, however, unless there is a kit clash, I have always preferred teams to wear their home kit where possible. Unfortunately clubs want to punt replica kit and that has meant the away kit gets used more an more. In the 60s/70s it was rare to see a team wearing an away kit.

Kennedy's an interesting one for me. Like most when I watch him play I enjoy his physicality and willingness to put in a challenge.....but I can't shake off the feeling that it's not a case of if he's going to do something incredibly daft but when. A younger, less experienced and less psychotic version of Tim Clancy if you will.

Happily though he is young enough that, you would hope, with more experience the rashness will fade. Whilst he might have Manchester City and Leicester on his CV he's not got that much first team experience behind him so he's miles from the finished article yet.

I am sure that I read his first game for us was his first senior game. So he is very inexperienced as far as first team games are concerned, I like him though, I think he will definitely improve if given the chance.

"Looking back at the highlights I noticed that after Robson had disposed of Gomis and McDonald, he has a fairly robust challenge on Leitch, looks like he had lost it. "

Yes, and I'd like to be able to lip read what Derek McInnes said to him as he waited to get on. Robson looked completely wound up. Leitch was lucky to avoid injury.

Very strange.

Thanks, Barry!