Top Six The Facts

Ianc

Does our early kick-off add an extra dimension to Saturday now?

We have the opportunity to be home and hosed before the others kick-off but if we don't get at least a point against Celtic then of course the rest know exactly what they need to do by that point we have no way influencing anything further.

Should make for an interesting day.

Sounds like we should ask the authorities to change the kickoff time to ensure fair play. That precedent has been set in place recently with the St. Mirren game nonsense.

I don't think there is any possible collusion?

Our result has no bearing on what the other teams need as far as i can see.

I reckon most years 44 points would have been enough to secure a top six place.

the last team which reached 44 points but did not qualify for the top six were Motherwell in 2006 with 44points & -5 goals...........

It will be enough. Just possibly not for us.for one team

Possibility of 4 teams on 44 points come 5pm Saturday.

Anyone who'd be happy we finished 10th while we're 4th with 6 games to go is mental.

I'm perfectly sane thank you and I'd question your right to say that without ever having met me and on the basis of a single comment. Presumably you're not a qualified psychiatrist? I don't know about you but I never want to go through last season's experience ever again. In the early part of the season we signed quite a few duff players, looked to be heading for the relegation zone again (don't forget that) and were lumbered with a manager clearly out of his depth. This was only a few months ago and thats where I'm coming from. We've had a huge turnaround this season and are now safe from relegation worries. Although I'd be relieved to finish in 10th spot I do think we'll finish higher, possibly even in the top six. First and foremost this season improvement, safety and stabilisation should be our aims and I reckon we'll achieve that.

I don't think there is any possible collusion?

Our result has no bearing on what the other teams need as far as i can see.

The Rangers v St Mirren game has no bearing on the title, but that's why they moved it.

Anyone who'd be happy we finished 10th while we're 4th with 6 games to go is mental.

I hope we finish Top 6 and I hope we do it by beating Celtic, but it would be an unexpected bonus.

This season was all about arresting a year and a half of substantial decline, keeping the club in the division and improving the standard of play. I want us to stay motivated, go into every match looking to win, keep professional standards up and so forth but in the long view it's Mission Achieved for 2015/16.

I'll be disappointed of course if we are edged out on Saturday but there should be no major weeping and gnashing of teeth. I keep saying it but "please, a little perspective".

• Like 2

I hope we finish Top 6 and I hope we do it by beating Celtic, but it would be an unexpected bonus.

This. If we miss out on top six at this stage it'll only be because we failed to take any points from the (likely) league champions, after an unexpected run of victories. Annoying of course, but it'll hardly be a case of having thrown it away.

• Like 1

Could be tempting fate but Dundee have only won once away from home since last September - a 4-2 win a Partick Thistle. Meanwhile Hamilton haven't lost 3 games in a row in 2016 and have recent home draws against Celtic, Hearts and Dundee Utd.

Ross County have lost 3 of their last 4 home matches 0-3 and have been in poor form generally since the turn of the year. Partick Thistle's away record is decent, on form you'd maybe put that one on your coupon for the Jags.

Kilmarnock haven't won since February and only have two wins in 2016, scoring only 1 goal in the last 6 matches but they did beat St. Johnstone earlier in the season at Rugby Park. St. Johnstone had quite a poor away record until last time out when they beat Hearts 3-0 at Tynecastle - was it a one off or a change in form?