2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Hateley... Rab Shannon, Christie, who was the one from Falkirk? Eddie May. Corrigan I'll give you. Page...

Hateley is a bit of a Muppet, his father an absolute roaster of a man. Believe me, I know. Tom has had a couple of good years in Poland. I'm not forgetting the circumstances of his departure, but he was the best right back in the country at the time. Must have pained Craig Brown to say that too.

Without wishing to reopen that particular old chestnut, Hateley must be one of the most overrated players to ever pull on claret and amber

He was the weakest player in a pretty good side. Could you say that if you put him in the current team? And I'd guess playing abroad for a spell will have improved him.

Also think some Dundee fans have been on his Wikipedia page

"On 26 August 2016 Hateley is said to have turned down Scottish Cup holders Hibernian FC of Edinburgh due to the fact that they play in a "diddy league with the likes of Dundee United"

I thought Hateley was a good player and so far we haven't been able to replace him. Hopefully Tait will come onto a game. His main crime seems to have been he was possibly not the best of the bunch playing in an excellent team, but I don't remember him letting us down much.

Hateley also gave us those last minute free kicks v Odense and St Mirren which were 2 truly golden moments!

Hateley was an ok right back and on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd award him a 7. quite good but by no means the best I've seen play for us. Good at dead balls but he badly lacked pace and often got caught out when trying to outrun an opponent on the overlap.

• Like 1

Having full backs that were better on the ball than most opposition midfielders meant we could play high up the park and press our wingers right up.

Hateley was a good player for us who had a few spells of poor form. But in terms of goals, assists, clean sheets, always being available and what we produced on the park he was a very successful player for us.

Hateley is obviously better than Tait, but I don't think right back is that big a priority for us to warrant using up what's left of our budget on one.

I think Tait has been pretty good from what I've seen although he offers very little in terms of going forward.

I think Tait has been pretty good from what I've seen although he offers very little in terms of going forward.

Yeah Tait is definitely a solid enough full back in this league. I feel like Hateley had that wee bit more dynamism and quality though, will be interesting to see how Tait improves at this higher level.

Hateley was the poorest player in a strong Motherwell team (see Rab Shannon). He wasn't awful, but he wasn't great either and I don't think it's fair to say that he's better that Tait, who has been decent enough so far. He also came across as an arsehole in his own right, regardless of who his dad is.

Hateley was decent and fairly dependable but not the best right back in the world. Actually surprised so many people rate him - he got absolute pelters on here nearly every week!

Tait looks also decent to me so far. Solid enough right back.

Tbf I don't think getting pelters on here should be used as a yardstick to judge a player!

He was a decent player who gave us a couple of magic moments.

• Like 1

What a load of nonsense. Hateley was widely considered a good player for our club and would have easily walked into the Motherwell teams that followed his departure.

Not sure where you're coming from tbh.

Think he means some people you just don't like despite no good reason. We all done that at sometime as a fan. And sometimes in our personal lives lol

I cant understand the vitriol on here against Hateley. I thought he was a very reliable right back. Full back is probably the easiest position to play in the whole team but he was good there if a little lacking when he played in midfield.

I have never spoken to one MFC player in the last twenty years so I know nothing about player personalities but if people are condemning him because he or his dad was an arsehole then that is up to them but I will always judge a player by what they do on the park and Hateley's level of consistency and fitness levels were top notch. He honoured his contract and moved on. Get over it.

• Like 1

As mentioned from others before, not sure of the legitimacy of this website but...apparently Marvin has handed a transfer in citing family/personal reasons. Pearson.....Law.....nearly McDonald....quite the trend we might need to nip in the bud.

May not be true, maybe it is.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/29/motherwell-winger-marvin-johnson-hands-in-transfer-request/?