2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Aye but her maiden name is Giles.

Excellent Googling. Perhaps a slight tangent to the topic, but regardless I'd have said she's fairly obviously mixed race?

Still a distant second to the bold McQueen though.

Daily Record reporting this: I thought we had no sell on clause

Johnson joined the Steelmen in 2015 for £25,000, but included in the deal was a 10% sell-on clause for Johnson.

Therefore, Motherwell will not pocket all the money from tonights transfer.

Thought there was a sell on clause and no doubt we have one also so best of luck to him and hope we get more from him in 18 months time

Cause Oxford offered 300k, we wanted a million and given previous, I know who is more likely to have budged.

Not releasing fee incolved suggests to me is likely 400k and we don't want other clubs to know how much of a pushover we are.

And when the fan ownership model is being pushed...this us exactly the info paying society members shoul know surely?

So aye indeed.

Depending on what paper you believe, the previous offer was either £300k or £450k. Any thoughts of us getting £1m was always complete fantasy and, if this was the price we were putting on him, then it would have been a starting point for negotiations.

It's being reported we have accepted an increased offer which I'm taking to be anything from £400k to £500k which is getting close to what I think we would actually have been looking for. Seeing as the situation had changed and we had a player who was publicly wanting to leave, I wouldn't be surprised if we just accepted slightly less to allow us to move on.

All supposition really but

We had 2 offers from Oxford which were well below our valuation. That was reportedly £1m but might have been less.

The Oxford Manager has stated that Marv has been his main target and he managed to persuade the Chairman today to come up with an offer acceptable to Motherwell. Bear in mind Kidderminster are due a 10% sell on fee.

My guess is £6-700k with adds ons and sell on clause. If that is the case - then very healthy return for a £25k outlay + lest we forget a very important role is us humping Rangers in the play offs.

For that last part alone + earning us decent return - he goes with my best wishes..........

• Like 1

Cause Oxford offered 300k, we wanted a million and given previous, I know who is more likely to have budged.

Not releasing fee incolved suggests to me is likely 400k and we don't want other clubs to know how much of a pushover we are.

And when the fan ownership model is being pushed...this us exactly the info paying society members shoul know surely?

So aye indeed.

Nowhere did we ever say we were asking for a million. I'd be happy if you proved me wrong.

Belic confirmed by the club on 6month loan.

McGhee stating he wants another in before end of window

Given we have got Johnson and Lucas off the wage bill, I'd hope for another. I'd also suspect that Belic is costing us less than Johnson in wages.

So I'd hope for one more...

If thats true...nothing has changed despite all the bluster. Still an absolute pushover of a club and gives me the absolute fear for fan ownership.

How can you even suggest that when you have literally no idea how much he was sold for

If thats true...nothing has changed despite all the bluster. Still an absolute pushover of a club and gives me the absolute fear for fan ownership.

Not really.

If you bought a house at £30,000, made minimal improvements to it, then sold it again at 10 x the price 18 months later, you'd be doing cartwheels.

People need to get this into their heads, Marvin Johnson is not that good.

OK, here's a hypothetical situation. If some old lady died and left £1,000,000 to be spent on transfers to Motherwell FC, would you be happy with us spending £500,000 or even the whole lot on Marvin Johnson having seen him play 60+ times?

I'll say it again, he's just not that good.

• Like 8

Steelboy cleared it up. McGhee said Oxford was miles off our valuation. Next day all papers had £1m, so has come from an off the record comment.

Yup that is definitely cleared up. Yes siree. All those dots join up perfectly. So clear.

OK, here's a hypothetical situation. If some old lady died and left £1,000,000 to be spent on transfers to Motherwell FC, would you be happy with us spending £500,000 or even the whole lot on Marvin Johnson

Was about to post something similar.