2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Have heard 450k + add ons from a very very decent source.

£45k back to Kidderminster

If we have add ons - presumably based on promotion, appearances and sell on clause. We may yet clear £500k.

He did blow hot and cold. But he started well this season before Oxford came calling. Fair enough based on play v lower league opposition.

Not really.

If you bought a house at £30,000, made minimal improvements to it, then sold it again at 10 x the price 18 months later, you'd be doing cartwheels.

People need to get this into their heads, Marvin Johnson is not that good.

OK, here's a hypothetical situation. If some old lady died and left £1,000,000 to be spent on transfers to Motherwell FC, would you be happy with us spending £500,000 or even the whole lot on Marvin Johnson having seen him play 60+ times?

I'll say it again, he's just not that good.

Been saying it for months , Motherwell fans loose the ability to see a player for what they are when they see pace. I remember Motherwell fans going overboard about Eliphas Shivute . I said then he was utter pish all the pace in the world but never a player in a million years. I was howled down by many a Motherwell fan at the time who thought the guy was the next messiah. The same applies to a lesser degree with Johnston. He has plenty pace and will destroy diddy teams but put him up against competent SPFL team from the top division and he'd disappear. The guy is at best average and £1 gets you £1000 the headlines tonight are the last headlines Johnston will ever make. £500,000 is an excellent deal for him.

Either McGhee told them off the record or they all got together and decided to give him the same price tag.

One is far more likely than the other.

So you have no idea either? Great stuff.

There's literally about a handful of people who know what the transfer fee was, none of which are on here, yet we've got shitloads of people on here going mental about the club apparently selling on the cheap?

Absolute fucking mentalists about.

• Like 2

Not really.

If you bought a house at £30,000, made minimal improvements to it, then sold it again at 10 x the price 18 months later, you'd be doing cartwheels.

People need to get this into their heads, Marvin Johnson is not that good.

OK, here's a hypothetical situation. If some old lady died and left £1,000,000 to be spent on transfers to Motherwell FC, would you be happy with us spending £500,000 or even the whole lot on Marvin Johnson having seen him play 60+ times?

I'll say it again, he's just not that good.

And I will say it crystal clear again...

To me, I think a fee of £750k is fair given the current transfer market and what other clubs get in fees. I would have taken £500k with sell ons happily.

That is not my issue.

The original offer from Oxford was deemed miles short of our valuation and he would not be sold cheaply. Immediately after McGhees press conference where this was said, the £1m figure was flying around on all news channels strongly suggesting an off the record comment of value.

The club then released a superbly worded statement that reiterated our stance following the transfer request.

For that to equal a fee of £350k proves that all that chat from club was absolute bluster and yet again we have been bullied into taking a much lower offer for one of our key players. Pushovers.

If that is the case, we are a laughing stock and the fans who are being asked to buy into the club are being fed a steaming pile of shite.

Now if it turns out to be closer to the 600-700k mark, thats comprising given the transfer request meant an unhappy player.

The fact is we conveniently don't know. Yes its a good turn around for a player that cost ys buttons, but people clearly forgetting the huge step up in quality between conference and SPFL so naturally value increases.

I have no issue with hin leaving and its a pleasamt change to get some sort of fee for one of our sellable assets, but the club has potentially backed down spectacularly and that is my gripe.

Leaving it as that.

So you have no idea either? Great stuff.

There's literally about a handful of people who know what the transfer fee was, none of which are on here, yet we've got shitloads of people on here going mental about the club apparently selling on the cheap?

Absolute fucking mentalists about.

If it's £300k we've done well.

Add up the Marvin, Ojamaa and Anier money and we have brought in some decent dough for shite players recently.

To me, I think a fee of £750k is fair given the current transfer market and what other clubs get in fees. I would have taken £500k with sell ons happily.

I'd say you are clueless about the transfer market then.

Greg Stewart is better than Marvin and cost 550k. Apart from that who else moved from Scotland to England? The market is dead.

So it's 11 o'clock and the window shuts in England. Does that mean we can only sign players from Scottish clubs or can we sign players from England as they are coming into Scotland?

I think its technically a 'registration' deadline, so would assume the deadline refers to the team doing the registering at their respective FA. So 12 deadline for us for incoming players.

That is not my issue.

The original offer from Oxford was deemed miles short of our valuation and he would not be sold cheaply. Immediately after McGhees press conference where this was said, the £1m figure was flying around on all news channels strongly suggesting an off the record comment of value.

The club then released a superly worded statement that reiterated our stance following the transfer request.

For that to equal a fee of £350k proves that all that chat from club was absolute bluster and yet again we have been bullied into taking a much lower offer for one of our key players. Pushovers.

If that is the case, we are a laughing stock and the fans who are being asked to buy into the club are being fed a steaming pile of shite.

Now if it turns out to be closer to the 600-700k mark, thats comprising given the transfer request meant an unhappy player.

The fact is we conveniently don't know. Yes its a good turn around for a player that cost ys buttons, but people clearly forgetting the huge step up in quality between conference and SPFL so naturally value increases.

I have no issue with hin leaving and its a pleasamt change to get some sort of fee for one of our sellable assets, but the club has potentially backed down spectacularly and that is my gripe.

Leaving it as that.

Given we're apparently trying to buy someone just now, does it not strike you as a good idea that the world thinks we only got £350k for Johnson? Just saying, like...
  • Like 1