Scottish Premiership Rangers V Motherwell Sat 20 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Don't know what else we could've done today. They are a better team than us, we got a goal, held out really well, pushed on towards the end to try and win and lost to an injury time winner at Ibrox. Really really sore one to take.

Thought Tait, Cadden and in particular Chalmers were superb. McDonald was much better from last week, and Johnson again was minging.

Lack of fitness and no midfield cover on the bench has killed us.

Only scoring 1 goal again has killed us. You don't win SPFL games when you only score one.

People always go on about midfield and keepers etc. but always seem to give the strikers a free pass. Need to be much more clinical.

Have they actually got someone there for Open All Mics? Haven't heard anyone.

Richard Wilson was there but he only seemed to announce goals. I thought he seemed depressed announcing our goal but he sounded equally downbeat announcing both of theirs.

I turned to Clyde at half time to try to get some sort of report as Radio Scotland's report was limited to saying Mcdonald scored on 19 minutes but there was only so much of that I could take.

Only scoring 1 goal again has killed us. You don't win SPFL games when you only score one.

People always go on about midfield and keepers etc. but always seem to give the strikers a free pass. Need to be much more clinical.

We were barely in their third in the second half due to lack of fitness.

McDonald, Marvin, Clay, Las and Chalmers were all burst by the end.

We were barely in their third in the second half due to lack of fitness.

McDonald, Marvin, Clay, Las and Chalmers were all burst by the end.

Correct, yet we only made one substitution.

Marvin was brushed off the ball with even more ease than usual at the end and Mcdonald's tired pass led to the goal.

I absolutely hate those scumbags. As much as it pains me to say it, Joey Barton was excellent. Every time we broke away, he seemed to be there putting pressure on and snuffing out the danger. Marvin Johnson will be having nightmares about him tonight.

Some poor decision making on the attack again. Not quite "missed chances", but if we can start playing a bit smarter, we'll be fine.

Why do are so many players looking unfit in the posters who are saying so opinion?

Lasley, age. Clay, step up from non league. Chalmers, not an athlete. Marvin, over worked (having him on for the 90 at Celtic Park was stupidity). McDonald, wee fat and doesn't turn up to the start of preseason.

Steelboy with a measured response as usual.

In my opinion, Clay performed well and Chalmers looked very assured. I'm one of his biggest critics, but he showed some composure and some nice touches.

Totally confused at the lack of substitutions and then, putting on Blyth instead of someone more mobile, or at least replace McDonald with Blyth and a willing runner for Clay. Thomas or McLean would have been a good option.

Wasn't there today but I think part of our perceived lack of fitness is down to our style of play, which is compounded by too many slow players.

We spend large chunks of the game chasing the ball and when we get the ball, we lack quality, composure and movement. Consequently we are seemingly under instruction to go route one more often that not. Night and day from McGhee in 2007 when we swept teams aside with incisive interplay. Obviously we are operating with a far lower calibre of player though.