Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

He got a run in the team at Notts County and didn't seem to set the heather on fire from what I've read on here. Championship would seem a tall order. Could see him doing well for ICT though.

In fairness to Laing that Notts County side were/are an absolute shambles. They've since sacked Sheridan (who took over from Robinson at Oldham), replaced him with Kevin Nolan and there's a takeover gone through as well. There was probably more at play than just him not being very good, I think their entire team was pretty awful.

Curiously he seemed to have been shunted out to right back for a spell down there as well. Having read some of the comments from their fans there seemed to be a disbelief that he was the same player that had been there on loan the first time round.

I don't know if it was mentioned on this thread or not, indeed I'm not sure whether or not McGhee's just being evasive or deflective with the player having left but this interview is really quite revealing: "He looks like a centre half but is not a centre half. He is not a great defender or header of the ball. But technically he has a lot of ability at his feet and he's a great athlete." http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/louis-laing-s-away-to-forge-a-career-in-midfield-1-4356450

What's yours ?

The point I'm making is if your looking for a scapegoat for losing he tie then Lasleys your man - edited to add with some assistance from dan twarzic

Over 150 minutes of football, you could probably point a finger of blame in many different directions, but I find mistakes absolutely forgivable- we are Motherwell after all. However, Vigurs' contribution wasn't a mistake- it was a primma donna, lazy arsed attitude and that's what I can't accept.

• Like 2

Over 150 minutes of football, you could probably point a finger of blame in many different directions, but I find mistakes absolutely forgivable- we are Motherwell after all. However, Vigurs' contribution wasn't a mistake- it was a primma donna, lazy arsed attitude and that's what I can't accept.

Fair enough - you may well have better memory than me but I can't recall vigurs 'lazy arsed attitude' in that tie being any worse than in any normal game

• Like 1

One of my memories of Vigurs was him giving the ball away at firhill against Partick, not having the pace to keep with the guy who ran past him and then he turned and absolutely slaughtered Fraser Kerr for it when it was Vigurs fault, my opinion of him as well was that he was lazy so it would be a no from me having him in our team.

Vigurs was a total and utter imposter and a liability in my opinion. I've heard people defend him as he was a player with great ability, but those around him weren't on his wavelength...for me, he was a lazy cunt that thought he was better than he was, and can't remember much about his time with us that suggested he was hiding some supreme talent somewhere. The boy Gow was another one, a lazy shitebag, that some within our support reckoned we should have built our team around

• Like 2