Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

View from the terrace just done a lovely article on uncle Phil, very emotional watching it and I know his 2nd term was a disaster but we should never forget McGhee's first spell at club and also how he handled things through that season 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

View from the terrace just done a lovely article on uncle Phil, very emotional watching it and I know his 2nd term was a disaster but we should never forget McGhee's first spell at club and also how he handled things through that season 

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:29 PM, weeyin said:

We did well to get the best from him when we did.

A quote we could very well be using to talk about Bair if we punt him for £750,000. Which is why the club will likely snap the hand off any club offering that kind of dough.

8 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

That caught me completely unaware when it came on. I’m an emotional wreck at the best of times but that tipped me over the edge last night. Nice wee bit but still very hard to deal with. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He'll soon be replacing Andy "was playing for Queens Park" Robertson as Max "was playing for Cove Rangers" Johnston in the commentators' phrase book.

12 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

Congratulations Former Motherwell player Max Johnston and Mika Biereth on winning the Austrian Cup 

Do we get money because Max Johnston plays for them and was one of our youth players? 

389D9143-5BCB-4C20-BDA1-FD7C60B53B9B.jpeg

Max has been warming the bench most games and playing second fiddle to Jusuf Gazibegovic. He didn't get off the bench today. Let's hope he kicks on next season. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Max has been warming the bench most games and playing second fiddle to Jusuf Gazibegovic. He didn't get off the bench today. Let's hope he kicks on next season. 

While that is true, he has made something like 24 appearances this season, so it sounds like they are working on his development.

A couple to add...

Jake Hastie been released by Hartlepool

Not quite a former player, but sad to hear of Chris McClure's (Stage name, Christian) passing yesterday. If I recall correctly, he was also a director at Motherwell back in the late '70's / early '80's. I can remember getting his autograph back in the day and on hearing I was a 'Well fan, signed it 'Up the 'Well'. Good guy, will be missed.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Big Tosh said:

A couple to add...

Not quite a former player, but sad to hear of Chris McClure's (Stage name, Christian) passing yesterday. If I recall correctly, he was also a director at Motherwell back in the late '70's / early '80's. I can remember getting his autograph back in the day and on hearing I was a 'Well fan, signed it 'Up the 'Well'. Good guy, will be missed.

Remember taking a banner to one of our games when he was appointed a director that said

"Onward Christian's Soldiers".

Got slagged stupid by my fellow choir members.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Tosh said:

A couple to add...

That was back in the good old days when we had Christian and Ranger's biggest celebrity fan was Andy Cameron