Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Aberdeen Fri 23 Dec 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Might have covers over the grass to avoid it getting to heavy - still expect it to cut up badly.

I could well be off the mark but I understood that it was better in heavy rain that the covers weren't on the pitch,

That it was better that the water went through the surface and into the drains rather than collecting on covers which when covered in water were all the more difficult to shift without the potential for spillage and waterlogging a section of the surface.

Aye - the official Twitter is saying it's 'dry' and playable as it stands. It's been cored and left open to deal with the rain today.

A couple of years ago this game would have already been off what with the rain already fallen and due to fall before the game!

Massive props to the groundsman for the turnaround. Hopefully things don't get worse than expected today with rain or indeed the wind and we have a game to go to later.

• Like 3

There is no way this game should be on, it's forecast to be 40mph winds for the next three days.

If the game is postponed at the last minute with Aberdeen fans traveling some people need a kick in the pants.

If the game does go ahead, there goes our pitch and the game will be a complete farce played in front of an empty stadium.

I was looking forward to it because I fancied us for a win tonight but common sense needs to come into play here.

• Like 1

There is no way this game should be on, it's forecast to be 40mph winds for the next three days.

If the game is postponed at the last minute with Aberdeen fans traveling some people need a kick in the pants.

If the game does go ahead, there goes our pitch and the game will be a complete farce played in front of an empty stadium.

I was looking forward to it because I fancied us for a win tonight but common sense needs to come into play here.

Cannae argue with any of that.