January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

With the money that's awash in England, and especially the Premiership, they should be sticking a "1" in front of that bid.

For a bit of context, Palace's spending so far this season is £50m plus an undisclosed fee https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Crystal_Palace_F.C._season#Transfers_in with £43m recouped https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Crystal_Palace_F.C._season#Transfers_out

Big fan of Moult, absolutely love his passion. His celebration at the Accies game will live long in the memory.

However, at this stage in his career he's miles away from being a premier league striker imo. I'd be extremely surprised if he signed for Crystal Palace or any other premier league team. A middle to bottom championship team is his level atm I would say.

I'll be sad to see him go but it's the way the club needs to be run now. I would consider anything over 650k personally.

• Like 1

For a bit of context, Palace's spending so far this season is £50m plus an undisclosed fee https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Crystal_Palace_F.C._season#Transfers_in with £43m recouped https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Crystal_Palace_F.C._season#Transfers_out

There you go then.

In fact, stick a "2" in front of it!

As was pointed out at the society Q&A we have absolutely no need to sell any players this window. So if any team wants to buy they are going to have to make an offer we can't refuse.

If Moult continues his form and wants to move on, I doubt we'd have any problems selling him.

500k? They can have Craig Moore for that.

Absolutely no way is Louis Moult going direct from us to the English Premier League, absolutely no chance. If say, a Blackburn Rovers or someone a wee bit higher up like a Sheffield Wednesday needed someone to take a punt on that would score them some goals then, Moults name being mentioned wouldnt be so far fetched.

As for, the figure quoted, I've got to say, that in our current circumstances when we owe people a relatively substantial amount of cash (and I know we are up with our payments and that there have been quotes saying we don't need to sell at this time) £500k goes a long way to putting us even closer to an even keel...with the long-term in mind, clearing that debt as quickly as possible and not having it hangover us would be my priority. Its all very well saying, we should hold out for more, but what if another offer never comes, or further down the line his stock isn't quite as high, he runs down his contract and either leaves us for buttons or fuck all... a la Jamie Murphy, Mark Reynolds and Darren Randolph?

Is Moult worth more than 500k? Probably not. Are bang average players going for silly money in England these days? Absolutely. That's the only reason I think we should demand more.

We also have to weigh up what relegation would cost us as Moults goals could be the difference.

I still can't believe Utd got £2.8 million for Goodwillie! Based on what? A decent 6 months?!?!?

Is Moult worth more than 500k? Probably not. Are bang average players going for silly money in England these days? Absolutely. That's the only reason I think we should demand more.

We also have to weigh up what relegation would cost us as Moults goals could be the difference.

I still can't believe Utd got £2.8 million for Goodwillie! Based on what? A decent 6 months?!?!?

A Scottish media hyping him up to a ridiculous level, because they assumed he was on his way to Rangers.

Amazing to think, with Utd's sales of Goodwillie, Russell, Gauld, Robertson, GMS, Armstrong & Ciftci, they've raked in over £12m, if figures are to believed, in the last five years. And they still got relegated!

A Scottish media hyping him up to a ridiculous level, because they assumed he was on his way to Rangers.

Amazing to think, with Utd's sales of Goodwillie, Russell, Gauld, Robertson, GMS, Armstrong & Ciftci, they've raked in over £12m, if figures are to believed, in the last five years. And they still got relegated!

Steven Thompson and Jackie McNamara are doing OK though.....

• Like 1

I think you'll find selling all their best players is WHY they got relegated.

• Like 1

A lot of better players than Louis Moult have gone to England and flopped. Very few go straight from any side other than Celtic to the PL.

Find it a bit of a stretch that Palace are looking at him, but stranger things have happened.....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hamilton-star-tony-andreu-reunited-5094532.amp?client=safari

unless we get a minimum of £1-1.5m there is no way we can afford to sell Moult in January. Yes we need to pay back Boyle + Les but we also MUST stay in the SPL

Selling Moult for £500k means we`d need to reinvest a significant portion of that fee on a new goalscorer (which totally negates selling him!) if we dont, we say bye bye to the SPL and the 4 home Old Firm games and improved prizemoney on offer next season

• Like 2

Unless the fee is enough to sustain us for a few years in the championship (worst case) it's not worth taking the risk when the league is so tight and Moult's goals could be the difference between safety and relegation.

When so much importance has been placed on staying in the division this year in order to benefit from the increase in income next season, it would be silly to sell in this window unless it was a ridiculous fee, bearing in mind we only keep 40% of it.

Are Talksport a reliable source for the Moult rumour? They suggest we paid £125k for him which is nonsense.

As much as I adore Moult, I think he'd be doing well to get a move to a mid-table Championship team at present. And if there is interest, his form probably hasn't been consistent enough this season to merit a transfer offer that would match our value.

If Moult and/or the club are keen on cashing in, the double header with Rangers provides the perfect shop window...

• Like 1

If a Premier League side is involved and he wants to go I don't see us standing in his way but I'd imagine we'd be after a fair bit more than £500k. By all accounts we got £600k for Marvin Johnson from a League 1 side (going by Alan Burrows tweet that (cumulatively) the fee for Johnson was the most we've brought in for a player since 2009 https://twitter.com/Alan_Burrows/status/806872501854867456 ). It's 2+2 but the reported fee for Clarkson that season was £600k so...

Either way if nothing else it's good to see Moult being quoted as being of interest to an EPL side rather than League 1 jobbers etc.

If Johnson's fee was the most since Clarkson's in 2009 does that not just put it somewhere between that (£600k?) and whatever the next highest fee has been? Which could mean anywhere between £200k and £600k.

If Johnson's fee was the most since Clarkson's in 2009 does that not just put it somewhere between that (£600k?) and whatever the next highest fee has been? Which could mean anywhere between £200k and £600k.

I could well be wrong but I read the comment as being the Johnson deal was equal to or more than the previous fee.

For me Moult doesn't have the attributes that top level clubs are looking for in a front player, pace and physical presence, so I'd be surprised if he did end up at Crystal Palace.

Also, if you look at his scoring record he's always been pretty streaky. 8 of his 11 goals this season have come in 3 matches and 1 of the other 3 was a penalty.

He's a good player at our level but I think if he moves on it would be to a Championship/League 1 level side I'd suspect.

• Like 3