January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

Possibly. However iirc McGhee suggested yesterday that he was only getting one of his no.1 targets, which I presume to be Frear. I'm therefore not anticipating much long-term thinking with the remaining signings.

I thought he'd said that he had three targets but it was looking like we were going to bring in four players suggesting that one wasn't a player he had targeted for a long time. Given we've looked at a couple of keepers in training, I'd suggest Griffiths maybe wasn't someone we were looking at...

I thought he'd said that he had three targets but it was looking like we were going to bring in four players suggesting that one wasn't a player he had targeted for a long time. Given we've looked at a couple of keepers in training, I'd suggest Griffiths maybe wasn't someone we were looking at...

That's how I interpreted it as well. That at the start of the window he'd been looking at 3 or 4 positions however of the two that were supposed to be coming in yesterday only 1 of those was one of those targets that he'd anticipated strengthening. I took the additional guy to be the goalkeeper too.

Belic and Laing are away, bowman being offered around. Don't think we would stand in Blyth's way if someone takes him. And we have a few out on loan, Thomas/Mackin etc. Space is being freed up over the weekend

Also take into consideration the keeper yesterday was a straight swap for brill and on loan so there's a saving of wages there as well.

I think we are being smart and boxing clever this window

If we end up with Pearson and a striker surely a few have got to go?

If we sign Pearson, it makes extending Lee Lucas' deal bizarre similar to when we extended Mark O'Brien's loan and then brought in Laing a couple of days later.

Pearson returning would give us himself, Clay, McHugh, Lasley, Lucas and Cadden all, I would assume, on a first team wage. At a time when we're trying to balance the books, seems excessive...

Belic and Laing are away, bowman being offered around. Don't think we would stand in Blyth's way if someone takes him. And we have a few out on loan, Thomas/Mackin etc. Space is being freed up over the weekend

Also take into consideration the keeper yesterday was a straight swap for brill and on loan so there's a saving of wages there as well.

I think we are being smart and boxing clever this window

Bowman and Blyth were the two I was thinking of. Still a wee bit heavy in the midfield mind you, particularly when we have Campbell on the fringes.