January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

Perhaps with having a game today all our business is done?

(If Pearson is still an option he could sign out with window as free agent).

Aye, Faddy mentioned this in his press conference yesterday. Said we had a couple of offers out there but no response.

One of them is Pearson, who has a few options to consider, but as he is a free agent he can be signed after the deadline.

At this stage I'm not sure we are going to do any other business. If we can get Pearson in I would be reasonably satisfied. What I don't understand is how it took so long to offer him something. We acknowledged publicly we were aware of his situation but have waited until now to make a bid, hopefully we can get him in sooner rather than later. As well as this I would like to see us bring in another option going forward. Apparently Ojama & Connor Salmon are available, wouldn't mind someone of that ilk. On the bench we don't really have anyone pushing McDonald/Moult.

In terms of the business we have done so far, the two loans are obviously for short term cover. I suspect the goalie is basically brought in for the bench. Jules hopefully will challenge for first team but I suspect McGhee will be reluctant to drop McManus/Ben. Early days but I think Frear is going to take a while to adapt to the pace of the game up here as he mentioned on his interview. Any touches he had on Saturday were pretty unimpressive. Fingers crossed we can keep McDonald, Moult and Cadden as losing any of them would be a total disaster.

At this stage I'm not sure we are going to do any other business. If we can get Pearson in I would be reasonably satisfied. What I don't understand is how it took so long to offer him something. We acknowledged publicly we were aware of his situation but have waited until now to make a bid, hopefully we can get him in sooner rather than later. As well as this I would like to see us bring in another option going forward. Apparently Ojama & Connor Salmon are available, wouldn't mind someone of that ilk. On the bench we don't really have anyone pushing McDonald/Moult.

In terms of the business we have done so far, the two loans are obviously for short term cover. I suspect the goalie is basically brought in for the bench. Jules hopefully will challenge for first team but I suspect McGhee will be reluctant to drop McManus/Ben. Early days but I think Frear is going to take a while to adapt to the pace of the game up here as he mentioned on his interview. Any touches he had on Saturday were pretty unimpressive. Fingers crossed we can keep McDonald, Moult and Cadden as losing any of them would be a total disaster.

PKmZdfnw8eW7m.gif

• Like 6

Seen a few people mention Ojaama but it doesn't really make much sense to me. I love the guy but he's always been more of a winger than an out and out striker imo.

In an ideal world it'd be great to have him back but with Frear,Ainsworth and Cadden all in the squad I don't really see where he fits in.

Seen a few people mention Ojaama but it doesn't really make much sense to me. I love the guy but he's always been more of a winger than an out and out striker imo.

In an ideal world it'd be great to have him back but with Frear,Ainsworth and Cadden all in the squad I don't really see where he fits in.

I’m not advocating for Ojamma, we have got two better strikers than him at the moment, however, if McDonald fucks off tonight after the game then we are going to need a foil for our star man. As good as Moult is, he’s not a 1 striker option. Ojamma could be that foil. He can also play a role in linking midfield and attack which is something that we really don’t have at the moment.
Anyway, if we can keep Moult and McDonald then there’s no requirement for the sheriff.

At this stage I'm not sure we are going to do any other business. If we can get Pearson in I would be reasonably satisfied. What I don't understand is how it took so long to offer him something. We acknowledged publicly we were aware of his situation but have waited until now to make a bid, hopefully we can get him in sooner rather than later

Not being wide but how do you know it's taken a while to offer him something. IIRC we were supposed to be sitting down with him in the first week of the window. He's a free agent, it seems perfectly reasonable for him to explore other opportunities if he wants. If we did indeed offer something early on then he knows that's there as a fall back and he can look at other destinations in his tour round far flung continents getting properly paid.

I know McGhee said in his press conference last week that it wasn't a deal that was on our radar but again what McGhee says in press conferences and what's actually going on are 2 different things.

McFadden said yesterday we had already made Pearson an offer, but he had other things to consider too.

If I was in his position I'd be considering all my options too. Especially as he can wait until after the window closes to make up his mind.

Not being wide but how do you know it's taken a while to offer him something. IIRC we were supposed to be sitting down with him in the first week of the window. He's a free agent, it seems perfectly reasonable for him to explore other opportunities if he wants. If we did indeed offer something early on then he knows that's there as a fall back and he can look at other destinations in his tour round far flung continents getting properly paid.

I know McGhee said in his press conference last week that it wasn't a deal that was on our radar but again what McGhee says in press conferences and what's actually going on are 2 different things.

Aye, I'm just going on what we have said in the media. McGhee said in one of the pre match pressers that no offer had been made and basically said there was nothing on the table. Fast forward a few weeks and Faddy has said an offer is now made. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be open about it in the media if we had in fact made a bid in early January, he is not exactly someone in demand. Another possibility is we had offers in for other guys in his position in the first instance which have failed.

re: Pearson - With very few games in January, there was little point in having a (presumed) high earner on the books at the start of the month.

Especially when it wasn't known who was going to be here by the end of the month. ie Brill now away and his replacement, I assume, on less wages.

Motherwell have been in touch with Pearson since he returned from India and offered him a deal but he has been mulling over an offer from in his own words long way away so I was thinking America or Australia as said needed to weigh up positives and negatives . Motherwell not to blame here but neither is Pearson as he has to do what's best for him and his family and that's why taking so long to decide .