January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

Dundee United fans on Twitter seething at the thought of us getting Ciftci on loan. I thought he'd be well out of our league wages-wise, even at a 20-30% contribution.

Edit : Scott Mullen on twitter saying Ciftci deal 'at this stage looks unlikely'.

Flow just quoted on BBC, Pearson will be re-signing. 85% Skippy will stay but hinges on Ciftci clearly...

So if we can get Ciftci, we let McDonald leave? I'm quite surprised that Pearson is coming back. Just had a feeling that he'd fancy trying something new. Did Burrows give any indication as to why the Pearson deal is taking its time?

This from the Sun's transfer feed

WATFORD MOVE FOR WELL KID

rs_braidhurst_high_14jpg-js122682296.jpg
EXCLUSIVE By KENNY MILLAR
WATFORD are set to seal a deal for Motherwell youngster Tom Leighton.
The 16-year-old has worked his way through the ranks at Motherwell’s productive academy system, but Fir Park chiefs have been aware of his desire to move elsewhere for some time.
Having trained with a host of clubs north and south of the border, as well as Portuguese giants Benfica, the SFA Performance School pupil – who attended Braidhurst High – will put pen to paper on a contract with the Hornets.
The Steelmen are believed to be comfortable with the situation, given the development of other prospects within their youth set-up.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/512109/january-deadline-day-latest-celtic-rangers-aberdeen-and-hibs-news-and-rumours/

PEARSON RETURNS TO WELL

sunglasp_kr_well_v_saints14jpg-js2065091

Mark McGhee has confirmed Motherwell will bring Stephen Pearson back to Fir Park tomorrow.

The former Celtic star is available following a six-month spell with Indian Super League champions Atletico de Kolkata.

Cadden - Lucas - McHugh - Pearson

McDonald - Moult

That too me is a pretty strong and powerful midfield, strong runners from both sides and goals up front.

Looking at that then thinking of a midfield containing Clay & Chalmers.....

Only thing I would say is that it would tend to play pretty narrow that midfield...

Capt Oats was asking about him on here or P&B recently. It doesn't mention whether we'd get a fee or not.