Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm a bit miffed at the thought of a new home & away strip next season, I think we will be better off without Jaxx.

Yeah maybe the money might not be as good, but they have caused countless problems with the bookies in Fir Park, the PHIL on the kids shirst fiasco, and god knows what else. Would be very interesting to hear the breakdown of the deal and just how much the club is getting shafted by this deal.

Like Frazzle, I have also heard about strains in the relationship between Jaxx and the club revolving around things the club promised that they couldn't deliver on. However, I'm not sure if this went as far as to threats of legal action. I heard that it was in the contract to have Jaxx cut into the grass at Fir Park (aye what grass - before anyone else says it!) even though it was against SPL rules. And the same with the Nancy game, having their logo pulled off the shirt for French legal reasons caused their noses to be put out.

That said, I firmly believe this to be the problem of the previous regime at Fir Park where things were clearly just promised as a deal breaker, without checking to see if it was both legal and feesible. I don't think we would have got the same backing from Jaxx had all these issues been dealt with berfore the deal was done.

I have been completely encouraged by what Leeann has put in place during her tenure. Just shows that a wee bit of honest communication with customers (or fans) can go a long way.

And on a side note, have to defend Frazzle in his right voice his concerns on what he has heard. If it is club related, then surely these boards are the place for it to be discussed?! As 'Well fans we are hardly likely to make up slander against our club. It would be interesting to know where Frazzle's info comes from, as I very much doubt that its the same place I heard from. So either the both of us are wrong - or you are on the defensive. And to be frank, I'd be more sceptical of a employee of the club coming out and firmly rebuffing any comments than two fans voicing their concerns.

I think there is little doubt that at somepoint Jaxx would have been unhappy with the club, its what happens in business, but the question is to what extent.

"And the same with the Nancy game, having their logo pulled off the shirt for French legal reasons caused their noses to be put out."

To be frank though, if their marketing people didn't realise that they wouldn't be able to advertise in UEFA, then they probably aren't the sharpest. It isn't anything new.

And the same with the Nancy game, having their logo pulled off the shirt for French legal reasons caused their noses to be put out.

to be fair, i don't think this would be a problem. Given that gambling advertising is also banned in Germany, I think they would be expecting that had we got into europe.

I see Preston North End are also getting Canterbury kits and have been doing similar previews:

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10...1627842,00.html

They've released 3 previews this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and today with their new home and away kits being unveiled on Saturday. Bit of a contrast to our teasers being spread over a period of weeks before the big reveal!!! :notworthy:

Their kits should be on sale at the end of May incidentally.

After todays second preview it is looking more and more like the Lille canterbury shirt template below.

The club crest appears to be in the centre of the shirt positioned just below the Canterbury logo. They may go for a claret collar rather than a crew neck but that part may become clearer in the next reveal.

post-292-1240070220_thumb.jpg

After todays second preview it is looking more and more like the Lille canterbury shirt template below.

The club crest appears to be in the centre of the shirt positioned just below the Canterbury logo. They may go for a claret collar rather than a crew neck but that part may become clearer in the next reveal.

I see Preston have revealed their new Canterbury kits. Looks like ours may not be far away from these designs with the addition of a claret hoop/band.

Preston 09-10

So you have in the space of 7 minutes posted two entirely different Canterbury strips/templates but reckon ours will be like one but not far away from the other :( I'm glad you've posted made me smile compared to all the other pish thats getting spouted :(

Who gives fuck about the news strip anymore! It won't make that useless non trying shower play any better will it?

The dark clouds will pass this time as always eventually do, and when they do folk will be looking for something for a bit of interest/excitement be it new strips, new players, new contracts whatever.

But nah, ultimately its whats in them that counts.

To be fair, that does actually answer a question Gaag was dying to know! :rolleyes:

Someone suggested to me it shows that the badge is going to be in the middle. Correct?

Quickly on the subject of mods seeing as folk are having a wee bitch above...I was accused the other day of trying to hack into all of your mod accounts by one of you. You can fuck right off with that sort of paranoid chat.