Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

Motherwell Football Club, in conjunction with PSL Team Sports, are delighted to announce an exciting new kit deal with one of the world's leading sports brands, Canterbury of New Zealand.

The deal will see the company provide Motherwell with first team kit, training apparel and its revolutionary BaseLayer products for a period of four years beginning at the start of the 2009/2010 season.

Read more....

------------------

Club are delighted to have secured a deal with such a massive brand... Really looking forward to seeing how things progress with them over the next few years!

Certainly moved into a whole new league in terms of stature and quality!

'Mon the 'Well

'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brilliant! I love the Canterbury brand. They've revolutionised rugby tops as well in recent years, and I see they've been branching into football a lot lately - is it Portsmouth that's canterbury too? EDIT: should've read the 'fishel first!

Really interested to see what the new top is gonna look like.... hmm, is it that time of year already?

Although I must say, 3 new home tops in 3 seasons is a bit much.

Nothing like another chance to fleece fans out of more money on new tops....

2006-07 - New home and new away

2007-08 - New home and new away

2008-09 - New home and new away

2009-10 - New home and new away?

Flow I am sure you have posted in the past we'd maybe have a new third strip this year but certainly not two new tops.

Good news.

But yet again another strip that we only get a year out of. How many is that now, 3 of the last 4?

We're getting worse than Man U.

And if I'm right in thinking the JAXX deal was for 2 years then it'll be another new kit the year after as well.

But anyway, good deal for the club. I quite like their Portsmouth tops so will be good to see what they come up with. As long as they get the hoop on it.

Nothing like another chance to fleece fans out of more money on new tops....

2006-07 - New home and new away

2007-08 - New home and new away

2008-09 - New home and new away

2009-10 - New home and new away?

Flow I am sure you have posted in the past we'd maybe have a new third strip this year but certainly not two new tops.

I'm sure circumstances with the supplier etc can change easily, especially in the middle of this credit crunch. With a 4 year contract hopefully this means 2 lots of kits for 2 season each (obviously that'll depend on sponsors!!)

didn't see that coming....

fantastic was told this a while ago glad to hear it confirmed. saw a canterbury well training top in the shop the other day and it looked awesome was 50quid tho lol

no, you saw the Dalziel strip that Provan Sport has put MFC on. and it's also a proper playing top (for rugby) hence the £50.

I too had heard the club were having a nightmare with Bukta with both supply and quality – even struggling for tops for the first-team, never mind the likes of the Youth Development squads. From what I hear strong words weren’t enough and when ranges had to be taken off the shelves, that was the last straw.

Canterbury are a massive company so I can’t wait to see what they have in store!

4 year deal I wonder how many new kits we'll get in that time. New one next year obviously, be told its for two years and we'll get a change of sponsor and oops we need to change it again.

Thing is though say we gonna change kit every year or at least not say it is for two when you can't 100% sure and you'll get some moans but less than being seen to go back on word.

I noticed some canterbury stuff in club shop the other week, did wonder at them selling it while we had a deal with Bukta.

anyway just glad I didn't hint at getting this seasons top for christmas or birthday now as would have been a bit annoyed thinking it was going to be next seasons top only to find out it wasn't.

4 year deal I wonder how many new kits we'll get in that time. New one next year obviously, be told its for two years and we'll get a change of sponsor and oops we need to change it again.

Thing is though say we gonna change kit every year or at least not say it is for two when you can't 100% sure and you'll get some moans but less than being seen to go back on word.

I noticed some canterbury stuff in club shop the other week, did wonder at them selling it while we had a deal with Bukta.

anyway just glad I didn't hint at getting this seasons top for christmas or birthday now as would have been a bit annoyed thinking it was going to be next seasons top only to find out it wasn't.

I completly agree with you.

Of course some matters can go out of the clubs hands , but as I pointed out earlier 8 strips in four seasons - there must be parents out there who are very fed up.

Just looked at the fans charter there:

7. Merchandise

Both home and away replica strips designs will normally have a life span of two seasons, unless changes are enforced due to contractual obligations. It will be appreciated that changes in sponsor or manufacturer makes it impossible to guarantee a two year minimum period.

The Club will communicate with supporters regarding new replica strip designs and prospective launch dates.

And I don't see how the have broken that charter. Two Years ago we joined with Bukta, last year Anglian Home Improvements were removed, so we needed to find a new sponsor instead of them.

The club are even communicating!

Good move from the club, and hopefully with the four year deal have some stability in design.

Just looked at the fans charter there:

7. Merchandise

Both home and away replica strips designs will normally have a life span of two seasons, unless changes are enforced due to contractual obligations. It will be appreciated that changes in sponsor or manufacturer makes it impossible to guarantee a two year minimum period.

The Club will communicate with supporters regarding new replica strip designs and prospective launch dates.

And we appear to have had a very unforunate run with these obligations eh?