Scottish Premiership Celtic V Motherwell Sat 18 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I was relatively pleased with that today, all things considered. In the context of what has gone on in the week before a wee bit of pride restored I felt.

We had a shape that we stuck to, defended generally well, created one or two opportunities - that we could have done better with and showed a decent measure of ambition.

I've seen plenty worse in there.

Interesting to note the views in the thread about the penalty. I must admit at first glance I'm thinking would we have got that up the other end? Hmm.. but perhaps it was more clear cut than I first thought.

We passed up a decent opportunity to level through Pearo and soon after lost the second but I thought we showed a decent measure of character not to collapse and the longer the second half went on the more we grew into it. Pearo had another half chance and there was a claim for handball too.

Not brilliant but very much a ship steadying display that gives a bit more hope after midweek.

But I do agree with several who have already posted that Dundee onwards now really is the time to begin to deliver on something like a consistent basis. We've had all the stuff about stop-start seasons and things not really having got going. The time is now.

• Like 2

I like your optimism but our fixtures aren't getting a whole lot better.

Couple of big pressure matches against Dundee and Kilmarnock, then we have Aberdeen and Rangers away again and St. Johnstone who are breathing down Hearts necks.

7 of our last 10 league matches will have been against Top 5 teams come 18th March. Lot of things seem to be going against us this season from refereeing decisions to injuries and suspensions to the fixture list.

I don't agree with the 'must win' game mentality at this stage in the season but a win against Dundee would be a really important result especially since ourselves and Dundee are the only 'Pack' clubs not playing Top 5 opposition.

Don't worry about it, we'll have five games against bottom six teams after the split.

The performance of most on the pitch yesterday should give them confidence for the next couple of games.

Dundee and Killie are very important games to pick up points before, as mentioned above, a tough three games against Aberdeen, St Johnston and Rangers. The 3 remaining games after that,pre split are very winnable against Hamilton, Thistle and Inverness.

Definitely getting in to must win territory now. Still very tight in the league and whoever nabs 6th will be absolutely delighted as 7th down will remain tight to the end I would think.

Just watched the TV highlights of the game. Covering & marking on our left flank for Celtic's second was non existent - real schoolboy stuff from us. Hopefully this is something Stephen Robinson can sort out. Forrest had all the time and space in the world to do what he wanted.

I personally thought it wasnt a penalty and was very soft but its the celtic way, slightest touch and throw yourself down for a penalty.

I also the back 4 of McMillan, Heneghan, Jules and Chalmers held their own pretty well against the best team in the league, we could easily get away with them against some of the bottom 6 sides, looking towards the future in sense without McManus and Hammell.

Squad nearly back at full strength for next weekend with Tait and McHugh both returning so i feel we have a squad more than capable of keeping us up.

Squad nearly back at full strength for next weekend with Tait and McHugh both returning so i feel we have a squad more than capable of keeping us up.

I feel the same but that's what slightly worrying me. Last season we had a real wake up call against Partick Thistle and Killie around this time which kick started us into the top six. This season we feel more complacent.

Chalmers could also try being harder to beat, Forrest must think it's Christmas

Aye, probably worth asking the question of Jules, but Chalmers getting beat by a player changing direction towards goal is fucking appalling.

I think if the referee missed the tackle and didnt deal with it the compliance officer could intervene retrospectively. However, he saw it and adjuged it a yellow card so not sure that they can now. It would effectively be criticising their own ref, which managers and players have to tred carefully around.

We definitely got away with one regarding Bowmans' reckless (albeit accidental) challenge. Credit to Rodgers and Tierney for not making a fuss about it.

Completely agree. For me, it was what it was an unfortunate collision rather than anything malicious. It seemed to me that everyone involved on the pitch accepted that.

"By the letter of the law" he could (should?) have been sent of. As it was Tierney definitely took a sore one but he played the full 90, none of the players made a fuss about it, neither did Rodgers. If anything the fact that the referee kept it 11 vs 11 and Tierney was able to play the full match makes a decent case for referees being allowed to use common sense and take into account context rather than the arguments that were being used to justify the red cards shown to both McHugh and McDonald.

• Like 1

The other thing the press seem to have forgotten is Tierney takes a dreadful first touch and the ball goes way up in the air so Bowman was well within his rights to go for it and does get the ball just unfortunate as his foot comes back down he hits Tierney in the leg. Brendan Rodgers blamed the surface than Bowman himself.