Scottish Premiership Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 18 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Ok, how are we going to shape up with our injury woes? I think we'll probably see McDonald and Jules as the line was that their injuries just need rest, so we'll risk them with the break coming up. I assume the following will all be in the lineup due to previous selections, but I'm at a loss as to who we will play on the flanks.

Samson

Ferguson McHugh Jules

(Someone) Cadden Pearson Clay (chalmers/frear/Hammel)

Moult Skippy

I'd be surprised if we see McMillan or chalmers based on recent u20 performances, but we may have to use both.

Craigan's used Campbell as a right back for the 20s a few times but I'd have said Cadden would be the likelier option.

I know the focus has been on Robinson being the new manager but I thought his comments about his view of the side were quite interesting. Specifically about how he felt we lack pace in the team.

Still have options if he wishes to utilise Cadden further forward. Jersey filling perhaps but options nonetheless if Hammell or Hammell and Jules don't make it.

McMillan McHugh Ferguson Jules

or

McMillan McHugh Ferguson Chalmers(I know)

Still have options if he wishes to utilise Cadden further forward. Jersey filling perhaps but options nonetheless if Hammell or Hammell and Jules don't make it.

McMillan McHugh Ferguson Jules

or

McMillan McHugh Ferguson Chalmers(I know)

McMillan has had a rough few weeks in u20s. Can't see him starting despite the lack of options.

That's putting it mildly. I'd be surprised if anyone involved in that back 3 the other night are anywhere near the team. Craigan was (rightly) tearing strips off Chalmers.

From Craigan's comments I think there were only a couple of players with pass marks. I can see why that would be disappointing as, like he mentioned, now would be the prefect time to make a case for a first team spot.

From Craigan's comments I think there were only a couple of players with pass marks. I can see why that would be disappointing as, like he mentioned, now would be the perfect time to make a case for a first team spot.

I hadn't watched Craigan's interview. I was only going by what I saw from him on the touchline in the first half of the game (I had to bolt for the 2nd half).

I'm not surprised he went through them though. Blyth literally passing the ball to the Thistle forward for the 3rd and 2 Motherwell centre backs just standing watching the smallest guy on the park nod the ball in from 14 yards out with a free header for the 4th beggared belief.

It's worth mentioning that Blyth was up against a back 3 aged 16, 17 and 16 yet barring his fluke opener made next to no impact against teenagers who he had a considerable height and size advantage against.

Yeah, not disagreeing on the form of McMillan or his defensive colleagues in recent U20 games.

But it would present that age old argument about whether it is better to play players in their natural positions or make formation changes or shuffling several around.

Not an easy decision in light of our predicament and it being his first game.

Tossing up whether to wait until the team is announced before I go in. I'm not paying to watch Chalmers.

He really is that bad.

You could rattle the ball into the Cooper Stand before kick off and whoever it hits would yield a better option.

I wonder if Robinson can be the main to revive Ainsworth back into the player he once was, McGhee has gone so no more hanging him out to dry. But it wouldnt surprise me to see Ainsworth start to feature again in terms of us needing pace in the side.

Did Ainsworth not give him a black eye at one point?

It will be difficult with the possibility of most of the defence going to be missing, but I am sure Robinson might get a result out of the match.

I forgot to add I thought Tait was out for the season, but on his pre match interview Robinson said that Tait might be ready before McManus, what operation did Tait have this week?

The same people will still be boycotting. They never had any intention of coming back. Just like to come on here and moan about how shite the club is and so on. Best to just ignore there trolling and the real supporters just get on with backing the team as best we can. C'mon the Well

• Like 4

It will be difficult with the possibility of most of the defence going to be missing, but I am sure Robinson might get a result out of the match.

I forgot to add I thought Tait was out for the season, but on his pre match interview Robinson said that Tait might be ready before McManus, what operation did Tait have this week?

Not sure if there is a chance of Tait returning before end of season but according to BBC radio, McManus is now out for 12 weeks rather than 6.