Scottish Premiership Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 18 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Right, the fight is really on now to survive. Apart from injuries, how do you explain the two goals? Inexperience perhaps, but mostly bad recruiting, and the ghost of MG still does us in again. I don't understand why almost every other team can get stronger with every transfer window, except for us, and it's gone on for a while now. GRRRR.

A few minutes were fine, but the back just didn't do the job today. And how many chances were ruined up front???

Now lost 6 out of the last 7 and with a trip to Ibrox coming up. We just can't be in this type of form at this stage in the season. We've had a lot of bad luck and a lot of injuries but at the end of the day you have to scrap for every point available and we make far too many mistakes.

You might say we were unlucky today but Liam Craig missed a glorious chance for a hat trick and there must have been another 3 or 4 defensive howlers that we got away with (McHugh giving the ball straight the St. Johnstone player in the first half etc, etc.)

Need to take 7 points from the next 12 or we are going to be in serious trouble. Inverness are picking up points every week.

Pearo's made some difference since he returned eh?

The utterly insipid Clay gets another 90 minutes under his belt.

I actually thought Clay did alright. Not going to win you many games but did reasonably well in the unfussy defensive midfield role and rarely gave the ball away.

Can anyone tell me how that header from Bowman at the end doesn't go in? I was already jumping about celebrating. Few observations today, Jules is never a football in a million years, how he is in the Scotland u21 squad lord only knows (they clearly haven't watched him!) We are missing McHugh massively in the middle of the park when having to play him at the back (all be it he did make 1 huge mistake today). Pearson is a huge part of our problem in midfield, he disappears/hides for a good majority of every game (2nd half at Killie apart), I've said it before, it's no coincidence that our poorest run of the season has come since he came back into the team. Frear looked useful, just that we didn't get the ball to him enough. Hopefully we'll lose less goals when we pair McHugh with Heneghan at the back. Massive 3 games coming up before the split.........6 points at least needed.

Pearo's made some difference since he returned eh?

The utterly insipid Clay gets another 90 minutes under his belt.

I thought the utterly insipid Clay had a damn good game today.

We had more of the game today, we created lots of chances and at times we had the St Johnstone defence rattled. But we lost two goals due to defensive nonsense. Hammell was sleeping to let Cummins in behind, Jules stood and watched him play the cross in and Ferguson and McHugh didn't even get close to Craig.

The second one was a meat and drink cross for Ferguson who got stuck under it allowing Craig a free hit of it.

Then we had Moult and McDonald missing so many chances, They should have done better than they did up top today, though as ever the two of them burst an absolute gut for the cause.

Bit better in both boxes today and we'd have won that and nobody could have complained. We really need to screw the nut and cut out the individual errors though as not many teams will concede enough to allow us to gift them two as we did today.

Robinson's change after their second goal did not work. Not sure why we changed the formation when we were dominating and it allowed Saints ten to fifteen minutes easy coasting until Ainsworth came on. But his changes won the game at Killie and we all know McGhee would have stood motionless and done nothing in both games.

• Like 1

that's been the story of our season,missing chances and not scoring enough while woeful defending costs us dear.we definately deserved something from this game but ultimately it's another game gone and no points to show for it.

If you are one of the absolute morons who decide it's a good idea to sarcasticly clap and cheer when the goalkeeper catches the ball or makes a save, you should he ashamed of yourself.

Is he the guy we want in goals? No. But how on earth is crucifying his confidence going to help Motherwell F.C in any way whatsoever?

• Like 6

Hammell and Ferguson should have done better at both the goals but they were hung out to dry by their team mates.

One of the reasons mistakes are costing us so dearly is no one is covering for their mates. Every individual is a last line of defence and if they make an error we are fucked. That's not how you defend.

Ferguson's header was poor but he was the only Motherwell player in the post code. And Liam Craig caused us big problems all day making runs from midfield so why was no one picking up on that? Surely a midfielder has to match the run at the very least.

No surprise we have the worst goal difference in the division.

I think it's always easier to let the forwards off, especially Moult and McDonald who work their socks off week in week out trying to cover for the lack of creativity from midfield this season. However, both should have scored some of those chances today.

All in all, I'm a little hopeful after that. Same defensive mistakes but we looked like a genuine attacking threat today, which was a refreshing change.

I think Samson was highly culpable for both goals today. Not alone, but he had an especially shaky game today.