The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

i think we will see kipre for at least another season, he has admitted himself that he enjoys it here, playing first team football. i think he is sensible enough to know that another season will only do him the world of good as opposed to sitting on the bench occasionally and playing for the u23's down south week in week out.

highly doubt main will be going anywhere either.

10 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

This close season will be involve less time scouring the classifieds but we now have a decent team that now only need complimenting here and there. I do think 2 of the starting 11 below will be poached in the summer but is our best case scenario. I'd like to see if Kipre can play right back and Dunne move out to wide left. Kipre's mazy runs and speed and Dunne's speed offer a lot in those positions.

Cadden has stalled this year and could benefit from trying to adapt his game to take advantage of our tactics. I'd drop McHugh to the bench to bring someone else in to see if they can do his role any better. It may turn out he is better than many give him credit for.

Of course if Kipre goes or Aldred can't be secured then it opens up a host of alternatives. But I believe we have something below that can go on and do damage in this league.

------------------ Carson ------------------

- Kipre -- Hartley -- Aldred -- Dunne -

-- Tait - Cadden - Campbell - XXXX --

------------ Main --- XXXX --------------

Bench:

Keeper

Bowman (he's earned it)

McHugh

Rose

Frear

Tanner

We all have our own opinions of player ability and formations but there are some ridiculous shouts here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

This close season will be involve less time scouring the classifieds but we now have a decent team that now only need complimenting here and there. I do think 2 of the starting 11 below will be poached in the summer but is our best case scenario. I'd like to see if Kipre can play right back and Dunne move out to wide left. Kipre's mazy runs and speed and Dunne's speed offer a lot in those positions.

Cadden has stalled this year and could benefit from trying to adapt his game to take advantage of our tactics. I'd drop McHugh to the bench to bring someone else in to see if they can do his role any better. It may turn out he is better than many give him credit for.

Of course if Kipre goes or Aldred can't be secured then it opens up a host of alternatives. But I believe we have something below that can go on and do damage in this league.

------------------ Carson ------------------

- Kipre -- Hartley -- Aldred -- Dunne -

-- Tait - Cadden - Campbell - XXXX --

------------ Main --- XXXX --------------

Bench:

Keeper

Bowman (he's earned it)

McHugh

Rose

Frear

Tanner

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Offload:

Andy Rose - I'd be inclined to let him go, been okay but think we could get better.
    Liam Grimshaw - I'd let him go, he's not going to get first team football here.
    Ryan Bowman - Sign up for another 2 years. Have never really got the flack he gets. He is limited but what he does he does well. A lot of his work goes unnoticed upfront.
    Deimantas Petravicius - Let go. He will not be in professional football for much longer
    Charles Dunne - New 2 year deal. He has proved me wrong and has really improved since the start of the year.
    Russell Griffiths - Keep, fine for sub
    Ellis Plummer - Bye
    Shea Gordon - Let go, never going to get first team football here.   
    George Newell - Let go, don't see what Robinsons sees in him
    Gael Bigirimana - Need to try and move on. Talented but the scottish game is far too quick for him. Doesn't suit him
    Luke Watt - Let go

Loan deals ending:
    Stephen Hendrie (Southend). - Jury's out, doesn't look great at the moment.
    Nadir Ciftci (Celtic) - Let go, he has talent but i'm not sure our style suits him. Still struggling fitness wise too
    Tom Aldred (Bury) - Sign up, been huge since he's come up here. The complete no nonsense defender.

Next year i'd have two systems, I don't think we have been adaptable enough at times this season as the game during the week demonstrated

3-5-2                                                                                                                        4-4-2
                           Carson                                                                                                                    Carson

Kipre Aldred Dunne                                                                                      Tait Kipre Aldred  LB

Cadden Campbell CM McHugh  LWB                                                        Cadden Campbell McHugh LM

Main  ST                                                                                                                   Main  ST

Wish list: 2 new strikers, 1 left wing back/left back, 1 left mid, 1 new centre mid

Bench: Griffiths, Hartley, LB/CM, Tanner, Maclean, Frear, Bowman/ST

Hartley could be in there ahead of Aldred but I'm just going on current form. Both are excellent. For me a quality striker, left wing back and centre mid are essential. Easier said than done but I'm hoping we will sign a higher calibre of technical ability as we have a solid base of workman like based players there.

Am I missing something a lot of people on here want to keep Frear is this the same guy I watch week out week in when he is in the team and offers he haw .Get shot off better lower league Scottish players going about than him 

• Like 1

Next season : 

Carson 

Kippre                  Aldred.                    Hartley.              Dunne 

Tait           Campbell.                    ?                               ?

Main.                          .?

I hope Mr Robinson can fill in the blanks with decent signings or trust our younger players 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Word on the grapevine is that Bowman is signing an extension. 

Hopefully that means the Gavin Reilly rumour is bullshit.

Interesting...I am in two minds over this if it materialises. 

On the one hand I like the guy. Never gives less than his full effort, but no goals in his last 11 appearances (albeit not all from the start) is a bit of a luxury we can hardly afford. If you are a striker you are judged on goals and his conversion rate is not nearly good enough. 

2 hours ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Offload:

Andy Rose - I'd be inclined to let him go, been okay but think we could get better.
    Liam Grimshaw - I'd let him go, he's not going to get first team football here.
    Ryan Bowman - Sign up for another 2 years. Have never really got the flack he gets. He is limited but what he does he does well. A lot of his work goes unnoticed upfront.
    Deimantas Petravicius - Let go. He will not be in professional football for much longer
    Charles Dunne - New 2 year deal. He has proved me wrong and has really improved since the start of the year.
    Russell Griffiths - Keep, fine for sub
    Ellis Plummer - Bye
    Shea Gordon - Let go, never going to get first team football here.   
    George Newell - Let go, don't see what Robinsons sees in him
    Gael Bigirimana - Need to try and move on. Talented but the scottish game is far too quick for him. Doesn't suit him
    Luke Watt - Let go

Loan deals ending:
    Stephen Hendrie (Southend). - Jury's out, doesn't look great at the moment.
    Nadir Ciftci (Celtic) - Let go, he has talent but i'm not sure our style suits him. Still struggling fitness wise too
    Tom Aldred (Bury) - Sign up, been huge since he's come up here. The complete no nonsense defender.

Next year i'd have two systems, I don't think we have been adaptable enough at times this season as the game during the week demonstrated

3-5-2                                                                                                                        4-4-2
                           Carson                                                                                                                    Carson

Kipre Aldred Dunne                                                                                      Tait Kipre Aldred  LB

Cadden Campbell CM McHugh  LWB                                                        Cadden Campbell McHugh LM

Main  ST                                                                                                                   Main  ST

Wish list: 2 new strikers, 1 left wing back/left back, 1 left mid, 1 new centre mid

Bench: Griffiths, Hartley, LB/CM, Tanner, Maclean, Frear, Bowman/ST

Hartley could be in there ahead of Aldred but I'm just going on current form. Both are excellent. For me a quality striker, left wing back and centre mid are essential. Easier said than done but I'm hoping we will sign a higher calibre of technical ability as we have a solid base of workman like based players there.

The fact you have hartley on the bench is enough for me to consider this whole post bullshit. Shea gordon was actually starting to get a run in the first team before his injury which had him out for the best part of 6 months. deserves a chance in my book.

27 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

The fact you have hartley on the bench is enough for me to consider this whole post bullshit. Shea gordon was actually starting to get a run in the first team before his injury which had him out for the best part of 6 months. deserves a chance in my book.

Tough week?

Your lack of reading abilities is enough for me to consider your response bullshit. If you care to read, I mentioned Hartley could be in there ahead of Aldred. It's a case of either or really. Both have been excellent. 

Gordon's game time has been limited, but what I have seen of him in the first team hasn't been great. Don't have any strong feelings on it though he's only 19 and has had limited game time

41 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Tough week?

Your lack of reading abilities is enough for me to consider your response bullshit. If you care to read, I mentioned Hartley could be in there ahead of Aldred. It's a case of either or really. Both have been excellent. 

Gordon's game time has been limited, but what I have seen of him in the first team hasn't been great. Don't have any strong feelings on it though he's only 19 and has had limited game time

gave up reading by the end to be honest,  particularly when we are discussing NEXT season. Tom Aldred's loan finishes at the end of this season.

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Can you tell me the strengths of Elliot Frear or Feart as I call him 

Puts some great crosses into the box but don't ask him to defend or go after 50/50 balls as he will shy away from that, his best quality is playing the ball in advanced areas and whipping it in for the strikers.   Admittedly he has off days as well and I do think we will sign another winger or 2 this summer to provide more competition there.

I think you are very harsh on your assessment of Elliott Frear. 

People have very short memories that last season he came in to a side absolutely devoid of creativity and upon coming to the starting eleven against St. Johnstone in March, he started the final ten games, in which we scored 12 goals - he scored or assisted 7 of them. That includes setting up Moult's winner against Accies, and playing a part in all three goals in the game which ultimately kept us up against Killie. Say what you want about Moult, I'm also fairly certain we'd have struggled to stay up without Elliott Frear last season.

After starting this season, an injury at an awkward time saw Campbell emerge, Cadden put back out to the wing and Tait switched flanks and its been difficult for him to make his way back in. He was the best player on the park against Partick in December, but then picked up another injury which deprived him of a run in the side when others ahead of him were missing.  It's taken until the last three games for him to start three in a row in the league all season. 

His final ball isn't always amazing, but it does seem to me that he manages to get us in a lot more crossing positions than we do when he's not on the pitch. Has he had a frustrating season where we'd have perhaps liked more output from him? Yes. Is he "of no use whatsoever"? Most definitely not.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Can you tell me the strengths of Elliot Frear or Feart as I call him 

Crosses. 

An outball for the defence/midfield.

Width.

Creates space by pulling players wide. 

Encourages players to pass to him rather than punt it long to Main.

Playing with a wingers stops opposition full backs from advancing as much. 

Delivers a decent dead ball. 

Wins penalties. 

Used to play for my wee team, Forest Green Rovers. 

Sounds a bit like Ronnie O'Sullivan. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Crosses. 

An outball for the defence/midfield.

Width.

Creates space by pulling players wide. 

Encourages players to pass to him rather than punt it long to Main.

Playing with a wingers stops opposition full backs from advancing as much. 

Delivers a decent dead ball. 

Wins penalties. 

Used to play for my wee team, Forest Green Rovers. 

Sounds a bit like Ronnie O'Sullivan. 

More suited to FGR so why don't you take him back down and take in a game while your there ,the guy is pure pish 

• Andy_P locked this topic