Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 6 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

No Boyce and no Schalk for them which is a big bonus. Appreciate Schalk isn't always a starter but I think he's a handy player.

Back to basics for me in this one and set up in a 4-4-2 with Cadden at right back (is there anyone else?) and Ainsworth in front of him, and try to build a lead rather than reverting to this when we're chasing the game.

I really hope we drop the long ball stuff as the likes of Andrew Davies will eat them up all day.

With Boyce out hopefully we can restrict them to only 1 goal, we're never keeping a clean sheet, and I'm reasonably confident we can nick 2 ourselves. 2-1 Motherwell - Moult with both.

I just can't see us beating Ross county ,just as in the past few seasons they seem tae be raising their game when it matters.

Raising their game..I don't think so they are only 4 better than us courtesy of a point gained, by a diving cheating player and a useless arse of a referee and a victory over the worst team in the league. So they are not on some great run, and without their only goal threat they are there for the taking.

Everything about Saturday, the result, the performance, the tactics, the same mistakes being made by the same players, has pretty much extinguished any belief I had that we'll be anything other than a Championship team next season.

Away win of some description.

We live in hope of course......

I think we need to ditch the 343 formation as it producing far too many aimless long balls. However, with Tait having another operation and McManus pretty much out for the season Cadden would have to start right back.

Who plays RB in the U20s? Going to a more traditional 442 would be my preference but don't think Cadden would be suited there. Notwithstanding that he's been off the boil for so long, I'd throw Ainsworth and Frear in to try and give us some genuine attacking threat down each side. We seem to fare better when we try and pin teams back from kick off and the current formation just doesn't give us scope to do that at the moment. Bowman hasn't offered much, so Skippy and Moult stay upfront.

In the centre, I'd probably keep Campbell and Lasley but it's really much of a muchness between those two, Pearo and Clay (if Pearo's fit). More worryingly on Sat was the lack of attacking options we had to bring off the bench...definitely a case for Hastie and Turnbull and to play a part depending on how we're doing.

I'm not confident but we shall see...

Think McMillan plays RB for the U 20s. Yah if Cadden needs a rest then ainsworth . But whatever it is it's got to be 4-4-2 . That was proved on Saturday at the 2nd and 3rd goal . If we persevere with three at the back I don't think we'll get out of the situation we're in

But whatever it is it's got to be 4-4-2 . That was proved on Saturday at the 2nd and 3rd goal . If we persevere with three at the back I don't think we'll get out of the situation we're in

Agree 100%. Some other good suggestions too and it shows we do have options.

It has to be an old fashioned 4-4-2 and not a 3 at the back formation; not even 4-4-1-1. MacDonald, if fit, to play alongside and close to Moult. If not then Moult playing with Bowman.

We have loads of options for defence and midfield but most have a downside. If Cadden stays at right back then Ainsworth has to start to take the pressure off Frear. Midfield could be Frear, Pearson (if fit), Clay (if Pearo doesn't make it), Campbell/Lasley (but please not both together) and Ainsworth. Cadden could also play central midfield alongside Lasley/Campbell/McHugh. McHugh would certainly bolster central midfield but would be missed in defence. My only stipulation would be we play someone wide right and we pick one from Campbell, Lasley and McHugh (in central midfield).

At the back Heneghan and Hammell are certain starters, if fit. Right back could be MacMillan, Ferguson or Cadden (if Ainsworth starts). Remaining centre back berth Jules or McHugh.

Really so many options for a 4-4-2.

I'm not sure myself what my starting 11 would be but here's a stab.

Samson (theres no one else)

Ferguson Heneghan Jules Hammell

Ainsworth Cadden McHugh Frear

Moult Bowman/MacDonald.

The weakness with that side would be at right back perhaps in the central defence - quite a young inexperienced back line also would Ainsworth protect Ferguson? The strength would be a powerful pacy midfield which would a cause Ross County headaches in knowing who to snuff out. Also its quite a big side useful at set pieces and if we need to lay siege to the County goal.

• Like 1

Whatever happens on Saturday I just hope Frear isnt on dead balls. Every one of them either goes straight to the Keeper, 150 feet in the air or over the head of every player in sight. Ainsworth got fed up with him on Saturday and put one right on to Heneghan's head. We know what happened next!

I don't think Campbell and Lasley looked good together I would get Lucas back in the side at least on bench as he offers something a bit different, hopefully Pearo comes back fitter and back to himself.

Need the defence changed around a bit, Luke Watt at right back possibly

It really is a game we have to win and so we have to take risks, albeit manageable ones. That said we can't throw caution to the wind. Ross County will score, irrespective of who their strikers are, and I can live with that as long as we score one more. Ideally though we have to boost our goal difference. Whatever line up or formation we play we have to be ruthless enough to change it quickly if its not working. We have the manpower to do that. IF for example our right back is taking a roasting, change personnel/formation after 30 minutes and don't wait until County score the opener.

Personally, I'd change the shape to 4-4-2 and bring McMillan in at right back. I think the our best periods of play under Robinson have been with a back four (from 2-2 against Inverness, against St. Johnstone although we got beat and the marked improvement despite lack of chances in the second half against Partick).

Bowman has been playing reasonably well in ways but I'd sacrifice him to change the shape. I'd love to see McHugh in midfield, but at the same time I'd love to see us be able to play without Heneghan and Jules, so that's a catch 22.

Boyce being missing is a bonus/

I'd at least have him on the bench to be honest. If we start with Bowman, McDonald and Moult then we have no one on the bench able to play centre forward. 20 mins or whatever it was of McFadden on Saturday would have given us more chance to get back in the game than 20 mins of Clay.

• Like 1