Scottish Premiership Game 6: Hibernian (A) Saturday 16/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Cheers. I won't be back in time for that.

Excellent second half performance. Campbell and Cadden again look like experienced players. Good to see subs again make a difference. Thought both Dunne and Kipré had their poorest games for us (albeit big Cedric's dribbling at the end was worth the admission fee alone).

Character, fitness (we were running a lot stronger than them at the end) and subs that make a difference. All the same positives that have been there most of the season. Some of the same negatives as well. Shaky first half, defensive errors, giving away penalties.

A draw after being 2-0 down with half an hour to go? I'll take that...

Didn't see much with my hobbits eye view of the pitch but Boyle dived and it was never a penalty. Though we got away with one earlier when Stokes went down so perhaps it evened out. First half Barker was tearing us a new one down the right and putting great balls in. He was a big danger and him and McGinn were running the game. However we were a bit unlucky to go in 0-1 down given the dubious penalty.

Second got off to a bad start with losing a poor goal. Didn't quite see what was going on but it looked like it should have been cleared and was avoidable. At that stage a comeback didn't look on but as soon as we scored Hibs just fell apart. You'll rarely see a bottle crash like that. Almost from kick off Hibs were all over the place and the equalizer seemed almost inevitable. Great finish from Moult.

Probably didn't deserve the win over the piece but a third was looking likely until we started dropping deep in the latter stages and let a team we were completely dominating back into the game for a slightly nervy finish - much like Kilmarnock last week.

Overall a good away point, played well in parts in the second half and dominated for spells and looked dangerous. Usual suspects stood out - Kipre, Campbell, Moult. Bit disappointed in McHugh again and we always seem to get a lot better when Andy Rose gets subbed. Cadden at right wing back is a weakness too when are are up against strong wingers.

First and foremost I thought that was an excellent game - thoroughly enjoyed it. Hibs as expected as the home pressed us from the first whistle, but we proved dangerous on the counter. Even at 2-0 we never looked out of it. To me the ref was far too influenced by the big home crowd and Hibs players falling over at every opportunity, very poor performance.

Going into the final quarter there was only going to be one winner and we probably should have edged it. The team in general deserve praise, but thought Bowman, Rose, Moult (for his 2 goals) and Tait were excellent today.

Seems this team doesn't know when it's beaten: a great quality which has been sadly lacking in recent seasons. The manager is responsible for this. I'm still a bit puzzled by our relatively poor first halves but then the manager makes changes and pulls the fat from the fire.

Once again we end up complaining about poor referees. Hibs seem to have joined the ranks of the "well-coached" teams: Ross County, Panathonaccies, Mutton Molesters, etc.

Next up: The MMs.

COYW!

Once again we end up complaining about poor referees. Hibs seem to have joined the ranks of the "well-coached" teams: Ross County, Panathonaccies, Mutton Molesters, etc.

They fell apart as soon as we put a bit of pressure on them. I wouldn't say they are well coached.

An enjoyable game. If we can sort out the defence, ditch Andy Rose, get Cadden and Tait linking up on the same side and play through Bigirimama there is a very good team in there.

Thought first half was fairly even. Never a pen for their goal but as others have said Stokes had a better claim earlier waved away. Too far away to see Tait incident so cant comment. Moult very unlucky hitting the metalwork.

2nd half we were the much better team. Great finish by Stokes on the break to put them undeservedly 2 up, but this team never knows when its beaten.

We dug in got 2 goals back and couldve squeaked it in the end if Tanner couldve got the ball out of his feet quicker.

Big Cedric continues to impress and his maisy towards the end was awesome!

All in all, a decent point at a difficult venue. Keeps the positivity going into the League Cup tie.