Scottish Premiership Game 17: Partick (A) 13/12/17 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Maybe if we had picked the right starting 11 and been even marginally less shit we might have got something from that.

Im going to go out on a limb and say we wont win another game in 2017.

Im glad theres a decent gap between us and 11th but thats going to get eaten away in no time if we keep this up.

• Like 1

I think tanner was always intended to be the 2nd striker/extra midfielder, like skippy was at times. Then bowman hit form and we went with 2 up.

Id rather we used our best players as much as possible, rather than hope were still good with 30 minutes to go before bringing on the attacking guys. Our defensive team isnt very good at defending.

I make it 13 in 17 league matches.

There was also 2 against Edinburgh City in the League Cup.

Thanks for digging this out. While we all like a manager that implements change quickly, this stat doesnt reflect on Robinson.

Really disappointing result tonight. December was always going to be a tough month and thats been compounded by the injury situation. However, if we fail to win a couple of games prior to Jan, we may not be able to risk selling Moult as the playoff position will close in on us.

Great effort second half.

That team can't have been picked on footballing ability. Tanner and Bigi are miles better than Rose, Grimmy and the LB. There must be personal stuff involved.

Rose playing in a advanced midfield role two games in a row is horrendous. He's sn albino Marc Fitzpatrick.

• Like 1

I think tanner was always intended to be the 2nd striker/extra midfielder, like skippy was at times. Then bowman hit form and we went with 2 up.

I think you are spot on with the intention for Tanner, problem is I don't think it was really working as Moult couldn't really play up front himself and tanner played a bit deeper then Skippy did. Bowman was perfect foil for Moult.

Tanner for me should be playing in the hole behind a front two.

The lack of creativity in the first half was shocking. The plan was clearly to shitfest the first 60 mins then change it and push for a win. However our defence had other ideas.

Griffiths was Samsonesque, utterly crap.

In the end up we should have gotten something from the game, 4 great chances missed also.

Great effort second half.

That team can't have been picked on footballing ability. Tanner and Bigi are miles better than Rose, Grimmy and the LB. There must be personal stuff involved.

Rose playing in a advanced midfield role two games in a row is horrendous. He's sn albino Marc Fitzpatrick.

Its hard to disagree with the first part. If we cant defend for shit we are as well playing bigi and tanner as they are the only midfielders with quality on the ball. It would at least give us a chance of scoring. Without them we have no creativity.

Im hoping the team for Sat is Carson, Tait, Dunne, Kipre, Hartley, Bigi, Campbell, McHugh, Frear, Tanner and Bowman in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Need to play Frear as a winger not a wing-back. Assuming obviously that Moult and Cadden wont make it...I think weve seen Rose, Fisher, Petra and Griffiths are all squad players, able for the odd 10 mins here and there at best.

• Like 1

I wasn't there tonight but I have never understood why folk where so confident in him.

It's because he wasn't Craig Samson. Simple as that. That's why he got the pass marks last season.

He was a liability tonight. I have absolutely no idea what he was doing for Thistle's first goal.

Going by Robinson's comments post match, I doubt we'll see Griffiths play for Motherwell again after January.

Just in from game. I can only agree with previous posts really poor from Griffiths. The subs at half time changed our game but I think it's time for Rose to be dropped as he always seems the player subbed first when things arent going good.

I thought Tanner was great in 2nd half he has to start on Sat thought he linked play well with Frear.

The real negative is McHugh, he made so many mistakes tonight and he always seems so quiet on pitch not what I expect from a captain, not sure what we should do with him it's a tough call, if Hartley is back on Sat I can't seem him playing.

Night made worse when I slipped on the ice rink of a pavement on way back to car taking my 6 year old son down with me.

The first 23 minutes we were shocking and we gave them 3 goals, they didn't need to play any type of good football to go 3-0 up. The second half showed how poor Thistle are, they never threatened Griffiths (thankfully) and we were the better team in that half.

The Thistle keepers time wasting started soon after the 3rd goal and I don't recall the referee talking to him about the delays.

Our defeat wasn't the fault of the officials but they were weak. The linesman didn't put his flag up to indicate any infringement for our disallowed 'goal', he ran 18 yards away from the corner flag towards half way and only when the Thistle players complained to the referee did he go across to speak with his linesman. So the question is, what offence did he originally 'see' that he didn't wave his flag for but then decided was an offence?

Personally I wouldn't have McHugh in the squad, he was woeful tonight at centre-half but even a decent midfielder should be able to move into that position and put on a better performance than he did. I would have Bigirimana in every time before McHugh, maybe even at any position before him.

It irritates that we lost to a poor team who deserve to be in the bottom of the league and that same team scored 1/5th of their seasons goal tally in 23 minutes tonight!

Minor moan now;

I saw the fourth official warn Stephen Robinson about stepping outside the technical area by the length of his boots yet the vast majority of throw-ins were taken 5-10 yards from where they should have been, nothing new I know but it's something that I've watched happen regularly this season and very few get pulled up by the officials. Just watch the next game and see how bad the yard 'stealing' is.

Yet another bad night onboard the claret & amber roller-coaster.

Predicted this before kick off. Does anyone have a note of how many substitutions weve made at ht this season. For all the talk of meticulous preparation, the manager doesnt often get his starting lineup right.

Yip - reckon he's got to forget his starting line-up and start the game with his second half team on Saturday - makes such a difference when players look like they know what they're doing and can actually pass (to a team mate) and control the ball - step forward Bigi and Tanner (what a difference they both made). Thistle were very poor, but sadly were able to exploit the weaknesses and lack of pace in our team (step forward McHugh and Rose).

Doesn't help that Dunne can't get a header on target from what looked less than 3 yards out - then inexplicably pokes a toe out to ensure a goal - even though from my angle it looked as though big Cedric was about to claim his first. Thistle are in the position they are for a reason - but you can't give even the worst team on this league 3 goals of a start and expect to take anything from the game.

Perhaps Robbo's pre-match talk should have them believe they are 3-0 down already - see how we get on then.

Manager to blame for this with the wrong line up and wrong tactics just like Tynecastle on Saturday. Even with the injuries we have we still should have more than enough to beat the poorest thistle team I have seen in years . Players didnt seem up for the fight tonight and were bullied . 2nd half better but too little to late .

Manager has rightly taken the plaudits to date this season but he needs to have a long hard look at himself as Parkhead, Tynecastle and tonight he picked the wrong team. Tanner was our only player on Saturday yet he doesnt pick him tonight / he more than proved a point when he came on tonight. Tait and Dunne appear undropable.

Everybody happy to make Mchugh and Rose the fall guys of late yet Tait escapes criticism on a weekly basis despite playing hoof ball with no intention of passing the ball on the deck to the player playing in front of him.

Next two games are now massive - lets hope our manager has a plan B !!!!

• Like 1

Manager to blame for this with the wrong line up and wrong tactics just like Tynecastle on Saturday. Even with the injuries we have we still should have more than enough to beat the poorest thistle team I have seen in years . Players didnt seem up for the fight tonight and were bullied . 2nd half better but too little to late .

Manager has rightly taken the plaudits to date this season but he needs to have a long hard look at himself as Parkhead, Tynecastle and tonight he picked the wrong team. Tanner was our only player on Saturday yet he doesnt pick him tonight / he more than proved a point when he came on tonight. Tait and Dunne appear undropable.

Everybody happy to make Mchugh and Rose the fall guys of late yet Tait escapes criticism on a weekly basis despite playing hoof ball with no intention of passing the ball on the deck to the player playing in front of him.

Next two games are now massive - lets hope our manager has a plan B !!!!

Not difficult to 'make McHugh and Rose the fall guys", because they have been dross in 2 of those 3 games. Be interested to hear our manager's thoughts on the first half line-up and what he expected from Rose - because he didn't get anything from him. He was asked to do the basic and pass 10-15 yards to an unmarked Frear on 3 seperate occasions and on each Frear had to check his run because the ball arrived a yard behind him each time.

Eureka - i know why he was there, it was to slow the game - if so, he achieved his objective. McHugh seems to have lost any semblance of form and looks at times like he has no positional sense - strange for someone who started their career as a centre-half. Really disappointed with the result - but there are more players worthy of criticism than Tait - step forward Cha Dunne.