Scottish Premiership Game 17: Partick (A) 13/12/17 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Well just back and first of all hope everyone there is still in one piece after negotiating the icy pavements...saw a few spills.

Couldnt disagree with anything Robbo said post match he sounded really low though and interestingly just sat down in dug out after 3rd goal.

I think he did initially get it wrong tonight. I thought we should have gone for the jugular from the start against a team low on confidence but went again with our usual combative and hard running set up which with the exception of Frear created zip, but Thistle score with their only 3 efforts on target, each one the result of a glaring individual mistake.

The 10 minutes before ht we did look better as Grimshaw in particular seemed to get a grip and drive us on, but Thistle had basically shut up shop by that time and were sitting deeper which did allow us more possession.

Both ht subs made a huge difference, thought Tanner was terrific and in the deeper central midfield role Biggi looked a far better option than our out of sorts skipper. Frears link up play with Tanner was excellent and with a bit of luck we could have scraped the point. Thistle offered nothing going forward.

Bowman looks a frightened lost soul out there. The loss of Moult and the Rangers publicity has obviously affected him. Tonight was the night for him to stick his chest out and show 'I am the main man'. Nothing in his body language or play showed the slightest sign of that.

LIthuanian is out his depth although doubt he would have started if Fisher was fit. Good also to see McLean back. There is an opportunity for him now I

Without Hartley we cannot play a back 3. McHugh not mobile enough, Ok in a back4.

If Carson and Hartley had played tonight we win, but we do need to have better back up in both positions.

The January window is a vital one for us in terms of departures and arrivals.

Good support tonight. Largely stayed with the team, good to see but I sense that will not last forever.

So all in all hugely disappointed but pleased with fighting qualities, just wish we would start games more on the front foot.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

In any squad or team there will be better players and weaker ones; no team will comprise 11 footballers of the same calibre. However we seem to have maybe 4 or 5 really good players but a number of weaker ones. Given our injury list it was always going to be a struggle to get anything from the game irrespective of how bad Thistle were. However to lose 3 early goals twice this season to so called weaker teams is unacceptable. What irks me is that we were bullied and outfought in the first half. Early this season we had a reputation for being physical and aggressive but that clearly wasn't the case tonight and it cost us big time. Creativity is great to have but you have to win the ball first and be solid at the back. Its easy to blame the defence tonight with some justification but the powder puff midfield must shoulder a lot of respopnsibilty too for allowing Thistle to get in and around our box. We have to make some allowance though for Campbell and Kipre as both are young lads.

I think and Robbo no doubt have seen enough this season to know that some of his acquisitions just aren't good enough. That will happen with any manager's signings - some you win some you lose. Hopefully we can wheel and deal next month to carry out a minor reshaping of the squad. Robbo has been adept at that so far. A big disappointment for me this season has been Carl McHugh, especially as he has the captain's armband, but its wrong to pin the blame solely on him.

As others have written its great to see Robbo making changes when things don't work out but worryingly we seem to have to make significant changes at half time when either to tactics or personnel aren't working in the first 45.

Despite our bad run we haven't turned into a bad team but we do have some issues to address and they can't be ignored. Hopefully the break in January will allow us to make some changes, some enforced some voluntary. The jungle drums suggest that Robbo is onto the case. .

Manager to blame for this with the wrong line up and wrong tactics just like Tynecastle on Saturday. Even with the injuries we have we still should have more than enough to beat the poorest thistle team I have seen in years . Players didnt seem up for the fight tonight and were bullied . 2nd half better but too little to late .

Manager has rightly taken the plaudits to date this season but he needs to have a long hard look at himself as Parkhead, Tynecastle and tonight he picked the wrong team. Tanner was our only player on Saturday yet he doesnt pick him tonight / he more than proved a point when he came on tonight. Tait and Dunne appear undropable.

Everybody happy to make Mchugh and Rose the fall guys of late yet Tait escapes criticism on a weekly basis despite playing hoof ball with no intention of passing the ball on the deck to the player playing in front of him.

Next two games are now massive - lets hope our manager has a plan B !!!!

Agree with all of this. Couldnt have put it better myself. Although I also agree about Tait, I think McHugh and Rose deserve all the criticism coming their way Im afraid. Buck stops with Robinson though for continually picking them.

McHugh made a lot of mistakes tonight.

Griffiths shouldve done better with the free kick.

I actually thought the first half we played ok, or certainly no worse than them, and was just a bit of a freak that they got 3 chances and took them all. On another day Griffiths saves the FK, McHugh puts the ball out for a throw in and the 2nd one hits the keeper or the corner flag.

We deserved a point for the 2nd half performance.

Was disappointed we seemed to have 3 midfielders who all do the donkey work rather than 2 from the 3 and tanner more advanced with a bit of creativity.

I thought it was Hamilton, but Cerny is the worst keeper Ive ever seen for tinewasting.

Craggs seemed to be a leader and better player without the armband on, wonder if it's the same with McHugh.

I remember Craggs saying himself before he was made captain that he didn't really relish the idea as he didn't consider himself that kind of player. I was always a bit surprised he accepted.

It looks like Griffiths lines up right behind his wall for the first. Then is beat by a pretty shite shot.

Dunne should have intercepted the first ball out wide for the 2nd

McHugh and Kipre are fucking awful for the 3rd

The guy with shite hair ran Campbell ragged going buy the highlights in the 1st half.

It may have been the right decision but that "offside goal" was one of the weirdest things I have seen a set of officials do. By the point they are replaying it in their heads they are guessing.

I really like Elliott Frear.

For a team with a philosophy of putting in loads of crosses were bloody terrible at headers. Some of the efforts Ive seen from bowman, tanner and frear this year have been woeful.

From the highlights tonight - Frear deserved a couple of assists, we had plenty of decent chances to get something from the game, the defending was shocking, and Cerny is a wank.

Night made worse when I slipped on the ice rink of a pavement on way back to car taking my 6 year old son down with me.

Expect your twitter to be bombarded by Celtic fans claiming you are a thug and expect the wee fella to take a cynical dive in front of his mother just before bedtime, you get the evils and sent to empty the bin.

Expect your twitter to be bombarded by Celtic fans claiming you are a thug and expect the wee fella to take a cynical dive in front of his mother just before bedtime, you get the evils and sent to empty the bin.

I'm sure I saw him elbow the Kid and he shouldn't even have been beside him in the first place. He should have been sent home for a truly shocking tackle on a pie at HT. The way he approached the counter was shocking.

It looks like Griffiths lines up right behind his wall for the first. Then is beat by a pretty shite shot.

Made much clearer on the Alba showing. Griffiths takes a step to his right as the shot is taken. If he'd stayed where he was he'd have saved it easily.

Made much clearer on the Alba showing. Griffiths takes a step to his right as the shot is taken. If he'd stayed where he was he'd have saved it easily.

He also goes with the Hollywood right arm to save a shot on his left dive.

If hed stuck his left hand up in the air hed have stopped it.

Watched the full game back on Alba. Not the utter shitfest first half I was expecting

Nothing between the teams. We actually had more/better possession and control of game. Thistle clearly up for it after weekend humiliation. The first goal is a dubious freekick against McHugh albeit he doesnt need to make the tackle just harry the guy down the line. Decent hit but Griffith goes wrong way and has to correct and cant get there. 2nd and 3rd goals are self inflicted. We give the ball away going forward and leave ourselves open to counter. 2 good finishes again but totally avoidable. Frear Grimshaw Campbell and Tait all decent. Sid and Bowman look like 2 guys who have never played together and dont have a goal in them. Moult would have had a couple off Frears crosses first half.

2nd half was much same as the first but we kept the ball better and didnt give them a sniff. Think the change to a back 4 helped. Not sure why the first is disallowed. Can only think Dunne is marginally offside and deemed to be interfering with play. Does Cedric out of his first goal. Good header from Bowman for his goal and nice play and finish from Tanner for his. Lots of pressure towards the end and Frear should do better with his header and could have got us the point I thought we deserved overall.

We need to solve the conudrum of how we play without Moult and fast. On last nights showing Frear and Tanner must play but we need could do with a replacement goalscorer.

Agree with most of the comments I've read but I think we're overemphasing the importance of 3 individual errors. Watching the highlights several features stood out for me.

* An out of sorts midfield that couldn't compete in the first half and couldn't shield its defence.

* Lack of service for the striker(s) in the opening 45

* Individual errors

* Disorganised chaos in midfield and defence.

At two of the three goals (free kick & keeper's error apart) individual mistakes were made but the covering, marking and organisation were all sadly lacking. Players were all over the place. There was no onfield leadership. Had we been organised we would have covered for the mistakes and prevented the goals. That to me highlights how much we missed Carson and Hartley.

Stephen Robinson has a lot of thinking to do before the transfer window opens. He's got the makings of a good squad but some changes do need to be made.

Frear one side, Cadden on the other (when fit), Tanner in behind Bowman or Moults replacement, with 2 from Campbell/McHugh/Bigirimana/Grimshaw/Rose sitting in behind Tanner.

4 at the back, none of this 3 at the back ridiculousness. Dunne - Hartley - Kipre - Tait.

I didn't say it last season, or when we signed him this season, but I was never convinced by Griffiths even when he took over from Samson.

It all hinges on us getting Hartley and Carson fit as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

Agree with most of the comments I've read but I think we're overemphasing the importance of 3 individual errors. Watching the highlights several features stood out for me.

* An out of sorts midfield that couldn't compete in the first half and couldn't shield its defence.

* Lack of service for the striker(s) in the opening 45

* Individual errors

* Disorganised chaos in midfield and defence.

At two of the three goals (free kick & keeper's error apart) individual mistakes were made but the covering, marking and organisation were all sadly lacking. Players were all over the place. There was no onfield leadership. Had we been organised we would have covered for the mistakes and prevented the goals. That to me highlights how much we missed Carson and Hartley.

Stephen Robinson has a lot of thinking to do before the transfer window opens. He's got the makings of a good squad but some changes do need to be made.

We have a huge amount of options in central midfield, with very limited options at centre back and out wide

Having just seen the highlights I have to say I was expecting worse from Griffiths at the free kick. Could done better but why the free kick given away in the first place?

Sammon is wide of the goal and 20 yards out, absolutely no need to charge in and go to ground in that situation. For me that's just as bad if not worse than the goalkeeping.