Motherwell v Rangers 16/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, couttsy said:

Hope to be proven wrong but with Tierney, Morris and McKinstry starting, we look very light on players that are good out of possession.  Would deffo have had Cornelius in over one of them.

Yep would have had Deano in ahead of Tierney as we need graft in that midfield engine room

• Like 1

I get we’re light in options due to injuries but I’ve seen nothing of Morris yet to suggest he is anywhere near good enough at this level.

Its good to see McKinstry starting though, hopefully today is the day he can show what he can do.

Despite the lineup I’m still strangely confident we’ll get something here. 

• Thanks 1

Well this is pretty dreadful from both sides, I’m not sure it’s even the normal Premiership level. There seems to be a total inability to pass the ball to a player from the same side. Rangers look like they would rather be anywhere else other than on a football pitch,  flatter than the playing surface.

A nothing game so far to be honest.

”They’re there for the taking” is a phrase that has been said many, many times on here about games against this lot over the past twenty years but today I think they really are there for the taking.

But do we have what it takes to ‘take’ them? Unfortunately we just haven’t looked sharp enough up front and our use of the ball is dreadful.

At the moment this has 0-0 written all over it.

A not untypical Sunday at 12 o'clock game. After spending most of their professional lives building a routine training and preparing for a 3pm or evening kick-off,  games at this time often lack a spark. And I'm sure it's mostly related to the time of day.

It's rare you see a noon classic.