SLC quarter final Motherwell v Celtic 19/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

12 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Hang on, you’re at Fir Park and when they score you immediately go onto steelmenonline to tell us that it’s game over and to criticise a guy who lived on the other side of the world for not attending the game? Whit?! :lol:

Put your phone away and watch the game pal. 

Technology is a wonderful thing. It lets you comment on events wherever you are in the world, which includes contributing to match thread discussions on the game you are watching. :)

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Enjoy your evening - I think your big team's on next.

Ahh, weeyin’s standard ‘go-to’ whenever he is losing the argument. Not heard that for a while but nice to see you still resort to that when you’ve got nothing else.

I don’t think I’m a better supporter than anyone, but I’ve still been at more Motherwell games than you can even dream of in the last decade. :)

Back to the game, 0-3 now and a matter of how many Celtic want to score.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, mfc said:

You have to do everything to make it as hard as possible when playing against better players and hope that you get a wee break but we do the complete opposite,far to easy yet again.

We got the break in first half,Kelly outstanding, mckinstrey having the freedom of fir park only t blaze the ball over,we always get a couple of chances against them,but yet again our downfall is failing to convert

I know you can’t judge us on games against the ugly sisters, but realistically 10th this season is a great season, the team is rotten with too many non triers, Aberdeen game at the weekend is already a six pointer, we are a side that concedes too many goals at can’t score any. It’s going to be a very long season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Don’t even know what to say about this performance 

We’ve been absolutely done over by a much better side, that’s the main thing here and it won’t just be us this happens to this season against Celtic. They are significantly better than us and a great deal better than every other side in Scotland. That’s just a fact I’m afraid.

However from our point of view our long standing failings are still letting us down. We are too slow in attack, weak in defence and as soon as we go 1-0 behind we are basically beaten. 

We were never going to get a positive result tonight so we need to put it behind us and focus on Saturday against Aberdeen, which is crucial for us.

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

We’ve been absolutely done over by a much better side, that’s the main thing here and it won’t just be us this happens to this season against Celtic. They are significantly better than us and a great deal better than every other side in Scotland. That’s just a fact I’m afraid.

However from our point of view our long standing failings are still letting us down. We are too slow in attack, weak in defence and as soon as we go 1-0 behind we are basically beaten. 

We were never going to get a positive result tonight so we need to put it behind us and focus on Saturday against Aberdeen, which is crucial for us.

Not sure I would say it’s crucial at this point, but after the last two game we need to concentrate on the basics, even given the quality of the opposition we’ve been dire all over the pitch.

Hammell inherited one the biggest piles of shite squads I've ever witnessed and then got a new manager bounce out of them, but then the pile of shite has reverted to form. That's where we're at now.

We are generally complete and utter mince and have been for almost a year, and that's why GA is gone. We can't score, and we can't defend, and it's not just against Rangers and Celtic. The squad is devoid of any real ability or the intensity required to compete in this league, which becomes more apparent against the top two teams. Some of these players and their efforts are embarrassing.  

Hammy has a tough job, and that job is now only to keep us in the top 10 and then start again next season. It's going to be a long season.

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Not sure I would say it’s crucial at this point, but after the last two game we need to concentrate on the basics, even given the quality of the opposition we’ve been dire all over the pitch.

We’re in a horrible run of fixtures against the city clubs but losing becomes a habit which is hard to get out of. Another loss on Saturday could well be a hammer blow to our confidence, so we really need to get something.

1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

We’re in a horrible run of fixtures against the city clubs but losing becomes a habit which is hard to get out of. Another loss on Saturday could well be a hammer blow to our confidence, so we really need to get something.

Fair enough mate.

I am getting Robinson vibes the last two/three  months  before he left us just seems nothing is going on so toothless up front doesn't take teams to work us out and no answers to change a game once we go down it's white flag.Maybe an old head needs to be brought in just to help Hammel out?

Still think the poor transfer window and the choices we made in that window has played a part.

11 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Hammell inherited one the biggest piles of shite squads I've ever witnessed

They qualified for Europe well clear of relegation so it's relative to the other clubs

Hammy clap clap clap , Louis clap clap clap , Hammy clap clap clap ...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

First of all Sellik are a class above so result didn't surprise me and the manner of goals we are now conceding is an absolute joke. We really need to start picking up points and quickly and there are players out there that need to up their game.. Slattery totally off form just now, Shields just runs about and doesn't actually do much and I know this will upset some as they think he is the messiah and I of course know of his goals tally but KVV really needs to start looking interested instead of just lumbering about the pitch at half pace. We need someone pushing for his place to keep him on his toes. COYW

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Can’t compete if u don’t have a midfield and ours is dross to slow cant pass and can’t tackle they are woeful 

Exactly one thing we have been missing and never replaced is a Campbell type running about the pitch 1 minute -90th getting stuck right in.

This team couldn't tackle an open bag of chips.