Dundee United v Motherwell 29/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

10 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I will be happy to see  basic football!draw or win that involves actually trying to defend properly,Midfield tracks back and makes tackles  some bloody support up front for KVV.

If I keep hearing the words disappointed in post game interviews I am going to go clean off ma heed!

That’s the hope, we will be in a good position to pick up the points with a bit of organisation.

7 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Called Tannadice today, you need to buy a full price adult ticket to get under 11 discount ticket. Told them it was blatant profiteering and discrimination against pensioners and that a family club like Motherwell does not treat supporters like this. Hope we scud them now. 

Bet they had a right laugh at that and told you they have a massive wage bill every week and Tony Watts brilcream bill to cover.

7 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Called Tannadice today, you need to buy a full price adult ticket to get under 11 discount ticket. Told them it was blatant profiteering and discrimination against pensioners and that a family club like Motherwell does not treat supporters like this. Hope we scud them now. 

If you can't get an under 11 ticket, maybe someone will give you a lift over the turnstyle.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Aye very good, don't call out the club for their prices, try to be a smart arse. :fuckyou:

If you can be bothered trawling through my previous 19, 896 posts you'll see that calling out prices is one of many things I've done. Also called out are plastic pitches, stupid kick-off times, the league split, treatment of away fans, overzealous stewards, tv payments, prize money, Neil Doncaster and ditching the Old Firm.

14 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

TBF entrance prices have doubled more than inflation in 40 years, was about half the price it is these days to  sit in the Tannadice main stand.

That's one of the things I've complained about, so no argument here.

Also, the first season ticket I bought in 1984 got you entry into every home game. That included any home cup tie and every pre-season friendly.

The reserve matches were usually scheduled to be played at Fir Park the same time the first team was playing away, so your season ticket got you into those games too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

If you can be bothered trawling through my previous 19, 896 posts you'll see that calling out prices is one of many things I've done. Also called out are plastic pitches, stupid kick-off times, the league split, treatment of away fans, overzealous stewards, tv payments, prize money, Neil Doncaster and ditching the Old Firm.

And VAR

10 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

See you decided not to allow my 1st reply to you re this, but obviously the Dundee United cloud has more sensitivity than you, just been contacted with full apology, given hospitality and offer of match ball for grandson told them to stick it, rather be in amongst our own. 

No you didn't.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, Robbos boy said:

12 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

See you decided not to allow my 1st reply to you re this, but obviously the Dundee United cloud has more sensitivity than you, just been contacted with full apology, given hospitality and offer of match ball for grandson told them to stick it, rather be in amongst our own. 

So just to be clear, you complained that the ticket prices were blatant profiteering so they offered to make good by giving you free food, free drink, free tickets and a free match ball?

But you turned that down because, rather than take advantage of hospitality with some of your fellow 'Well fans (and there are always a fair number of away fans in every hospitality suite) AND the free tickets, you  instead chose to support their profiteering by paying the full price you complained about?

Story checks out as true.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Did ye, aye?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Just off the phone with Dundee Utd, they apologised for Darren Jackson's equaliser in the 91 cup final and Billy McKinley being a wee dick, they offered me Jim McLean's toupee, the key to Dundee and a wham bar.
That phone call, same as Robbo's boy's, didn't happen.

I am also off the phone to Utd as they had heard about my jokes and asked if I could be compere at their Hall Of Fame event in December. I said No as my loyalty is to the Well and I also have a booking at the Hydro that night!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I am also off the phone to Utd as they had heard about my jokes and asked if I could be compere at their Hall Of Fame event in December. I said No as my loyalty is to the Well and I also have a booking at the Hydro that night!! Lol

That's a pity. I phoned them too, and that's the night I'm being inducted into their Hall of Fame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yodo said:

He will never improve peaked at Ross county all downhill now . Should be shown the door when window opens 

Unless you come here and hit the ground running you have no chance written off after 12 games i wonder why any player or manager would come here

End of the day if the attitude is the players can’t improve we are in trouble, I would hope our manager has a different mindset. Again as previously stated we are not starting with a new squad in January, it’s going to be more or less the same group with two or three additions. The whole midfield are not suddenly leaving to be replaced by superstars or even players on a different level of ability, that’s not the way it works at clubs at our level. This group of players have had some decent performances and picked up points at places like Aberdeen, they CAN do that again with the right coaching. 

• Like 1