Dundee United v Motherwell 29/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Don’t screw this up Motherwell.  Too much pussyfooting around at the back in that first half. Liable to shoot ourselves in the foot. Not saying howf it up the park all the time but several occasions where that would have been the safest option. Need players to show for early out balls. 

Well pretty poor stuff so far from both sides but thankfully we’ve managed to take one of the two best chances we got. This team tends to do better once they go ahead so fingers crossed.

As for Watt’s red card I think it’s a stonewaller. His studs were up and the intent was clear, that was dangerous foul play and the VAR decision was spot on.

1 minute ago, Coatsy said:

Not a Red he tried to pull out and minimal contact only a booking, if that had been the other way we would have been raging, slack play after they went down to 10 though sums up this team

My point exactly ..our fans between us are still disputing if it was or not with different opinions..who'd be a ref/VAR official

3 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Don’t screw this up Motherwell.  Too much pussyfooting around at the back in that first half. Liable to shoot ourselves in the foot. Not saying howf it up the park all the time but several occasions where that would have been the safest option. Need players to show for early out balls. 

Agree entirely, funnily enough last seasons game v Ross County comes into mind!!

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Connor Shields. These stats are unacceptable for a premier league forward player who has played 1.3  of his 3 season deal. We can't afford to carry this type of deadwood into a third season, so we must offload him somehow and soon.  

IMG_5912.jpeg.e0ad7a075ec82460c3c16e686f3fc386.jpeg

I went to the first reserve game this season at Fir Park at Queen's Park and after seeing his performance in that game I came to the conclusion that he's just not very good. I would love to be proved wrong.

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Diving bastard. 

Shields is terrible but he hurts us less than Tierney and at least offers a threat of getting in behind. 

The difference between Shields and Tierney is that the former is 25 and shows zero signs of improving and the latter is 21 and looks likely to develop into a decent creative player. 

• Like 1