Motherwell v St Mirren 17/12/2022

SteelmaninOZ

13 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The Killie game on Friday must surely be in some doubt even now.

Absolutely no chance of that going ahead I reckon which now means that our first fixture back will be away to Rangers. :wallbash:

Given the run of fixtures we had before the break we really didn’t need this.

I can’t see the Killie game going ahead , unless there is serious work carried out this week

If the game is in danger of being off I would rather both teams agreed to switch the game to Rugby Park then play them at home next time , would rather see this than taking on the Buns after no game for 6 and a half weeks, where they will probably have played 3 by then 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, twistandshout1983 said:

I can’t see the Killie game going ahead , unless there is serious work carried out this week

If the game is in danger of being off I would rather both teams agreed to switch the game to Rugby Park then play them at home next time , would rather see this than taking on the Buns after no game for 6 and a half weeks, where they will probably have played 3 by then 

What about switching the game to Airdrie? I don’t know if that would be a realistic possibility but it’s something we’ve done before when Fir Park was out of use. Not ideal of course but certainly preferable than having Rangers at Ibrox as our first fixture after 6 and a half weeks off when we badly need points on the board.

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

What about switching the game to Airdrie? I don’t know if that would be a realistic possibility but it’s something we’ve done before when Fir Park was out of use. Not ideal of course but certainly preferable than having Rangers at Ibrox as our first fixture after 6 and a half weeks off when we badly need points on the board.

Like many fans I don't like postponements in principle and Friday falls into that category. However, in pure footballing terms, I'd rather face Sevco at Ibrox than Kilmarnock at home  in our first fixture after the World Cup. The Killie game is more important to us. My only fear of Sevco being our first game back would be our match fitness for Livingston.

21 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Like many fans I don't like postponements in principle and Friday falls into that category. However, in pure footballing terms, I'd rather face Sevco at Ibrox than Kilmarnock at home  in our first fixture after the World Cup. The Killie game is more important to us. My only fear of Sevco being our first game back would be our match fitness for Livingston.

I can see where you’re coming from but we need to start picking up points and momentum. Before the WC break we looked to the home double header of StM and Killie as a good chance to get back on track. Now we’re down to just one home game (if we’re lucky) before the turn of the year.

We’re getting nothing at Ibrox, that’s pretty much a given(and yes, I do remember that we drew twice there last season but we’re not going unbeaten there three times in a row, it just won’t happen) and then Livingston away will be a tough one, albeit we’ve done okay there in recent times.

I’d rather play Kilmarnock first and get the chance to get the win.

• 2 weeks later...