How Is The Park Looking?

PettyWulliegrew

Just finally got round to wtahcing the highlights on BBC and the pitch looks truley horrific on TV. I thought it looked ok on Sat - particularly the wing near the East Stand - but TV evidence is yet further damnation of our sacred ground!

On the evidence of the TV pictures, it looks worse than ever and I worry that one heavy rain fall will see another game at Fir Park off and a £20k fine sent our way!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finally got round to wtahcing the highlights on BBC and the pitch looks truley horrific on TV. I thought it looked ok on Sat - particularly the wing near the East Stand - but TV evidence is yet further damnation of our sacred ground!

On the evidence of the TV pictures, it looks worse than ever and I worry that one heavy rain fall will see another game at Fir Park off and a £20k fine sent our way!

I actually think heavy rain would be one of the few things that would help it as it would dampen down the sand.

I think we're in the clear now wrt the fine - but I get a red neck when I see it on the telly - I just wonder how the board of MFC feel???

If you compare Easter Road on Satutrday to Fir Park - you have to ask some serious questions.

Their coup was almost as bad as ours 6 weeks ago - but look at the comparison on Saturday. Well done to the Hibs board and groundstaff for turning that round. (as far as I recall they have 3 x 2 tier stands round their pitch too)

No comment from me about our own pitch - its all been said before. Whilst Easter Road might be be slightly better and certainly looks better it was still a disgrace. Ball control was virtually impossible and bumpy is an understatement. To their credit though, Hibs did admit that it helped to spoil the derby.

I've always wondered what the late, great Andy Russell would have made of his beloved park. Can imagine he's looking down shaking his head at the state of what was once the best park in the country....under his stewardship. It'll be eleven years come the end of this month the great man has been gone.

Anyone here into their gardening? Surely given that we'r away to Kilmarnock this weekend and then its the Scotland game the week after, the pitch will improve considerably? Especially if we have a few more days like today with nice sunlight?

When I looked at the pitch on Saturday, I thought it looked OK but then the broader TV view shows what the East Stand Pitchside View doesn't.

I hadn't realised just how bad it is in parts, but crucillay bothwings look no bad is this down to the lack if use they get ?

If the word from the AGM was that the balloon was over-drying the pitch, should we not be watering and rolling it instead of sanding it?

You appear to be attempting to apply common sense to this predicament weeyin.

I've noticed on one or two holidays over the years - not a lot of grass grows on the beach! :nod:

It really is embarrassing now. On Saturday the pitch was at it's worst ever - I doubt you could point me in the direction of a worse park in the UK - ANY divison.

Add to that that the East Stand roof was practically caving in and there were three dirty great big bins to collect the drips coming in isn't about time the board at least got the ball rolling in bulldozing the place and getting us a nice wee, brand new stadium somewhere...? :nod:

If the word from the AGM was that the balloon was over-drying the pitch, should we not be watering and rolling it instead of sanding it?

Competent groundstaff would... Feel a little uneasy that the same outcry will befall the club a year down the line if the remedial works to be undertaken are maintained by the current groundstaff. Well, if you employ a tradesman to carry out works, do you keep paying for the service time and time again until they get it right?

• 3 weeks later...