Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

11 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

What a pish analysis, Dean doesn't get correct side, Dean stops and claims foul, Halburg meanwhile gets up off his arse and scores, whilst Dean is standing with his hand in the air claiming a foul. Get over it, play to the whistle you are taught, no stop still let yir man get up from his fall, whilst you're hand is in the air and let him score. Yes foul could have been given on McGinn but it wasn't, hence the reason, Sorry Dean, Mark yir man!!!! 

Nae bother. There’s a view from behind the goal that perfectly sums the take up and freely available online.

https://twitter.com/sjfcnews/status/1620911630639923200?s=46&t=UkKyhhTpCppnaniMPkx13w

Where did I say he gets correct side?

Hallberg is never on his arse.

Our player doesn’t stop, playing to the whistle then claims - begs the question what highlights did you watch?

Mark yir man!!! How insightful, you ever played football? It wasn’t his man for starters…

9 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Nae bother. There’s a view from behind the goal that perfectly sums the take up and freely available online.

https://twitter.com/sjfcnews/status/1620911630639923200?s=46&t=UkKyhhTpCppnaniMPkx13w

Where did I say he gets correct side?

Hallberg is never on his arse.

Our player doesn’t stop, playing to the whistle then claims - begs the question what highlights did you watch?

Mark yir man!!! How insightful, you ever played football? It wasn’t his man for starters…

OTF your a knolagable charachter who by some of your comments have deffo played the game possibly at a higher level than most on here    but even you know in our box its everybodys man  nearest  markest  and all that :)

Just forced myself to watch highlights, sorry if I seem to be singling him out ...but wtf is O'Donnell doing for the 1st goal? Why not get to the ball first or force the man away, at least , Clark had a bloody age to juggle the ball, then the invisible man is picking up Wright 

Second goal , mcginn doesn't get there first either , 

Horrible goals, they didn't need to work for them 

39 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Watched it, Halberg is on his arse, Dean on wrong side from start, Dean stops and raises his hand for four. Better watching highlights on BBC rather than taking analysis from 10 second clip, or better still go to Specsavers. Anyway worked it out yir no Dean, your his Da. Clearly you haven't played, as fundamental of defending is mark up an get goalside. TRUMP THAT!!!!! 

😂😂😂

How could he be on wrong side from the start as McGinn was moving forward , we’re heading up the park at that point.

Watched BBC highlights, not seeing any difference despite using Specsavers. Sportscene comments were also the defence had already transitioned to attack so were nowhere - who’s culpable?

raises his hand for four? Four what? Non blondes?

Raises his hand for the foul after opposition scores, no matter how many times you repeat what you say - it’s still not true.

Yeah, you’re right, I’m not Dean, I’m not his father either having not bedded his mother. I’m his agent.

Already said he got caught wrong side, that’s unfortunate in that passage of play. Nobody mentioned the fundamental as you put it for reason already offered. So trumped.

44 minutes ago, smiddy said:

OTF your a knolagable charachter who by some of your comments have deffo played the game possibly at a higher level than most on here    but even you know in our box its everybodys man  nearest  markest  and all that :)

No, nothing like that 😂

Nearest defender in the box goes to the opposition player.

Our man unlucky not to make the interception after getting into that position, had he, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

No, nothing like that 😂

Our man unlucky not to make the interception after getting into that position, had he, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

But he didn’t 

I think we are all digressing and focussing on one goal. At end of day performance over whole 90 mins was shocking.  The starting line up on Saturday better have about 4-5 changes or fans will have had enough.  I would start Johnston Cornelius and McKinstry at least.  Lads that at least have an affinity with the club and will give you more effort than some of the pathetic attempts last night from some

• Like 2

2 bad goals to give away which affects game.

1st I would say aitchison who was our lw should have been following wright as he was their rwb in 352. Goss was in middle of park as centre mid so in position.

2nd  I felt cornelius was wrong side of hallberg meaning mcginn had to try and intercept which he didn't at this point cornelius should have covered mcginn position which he didn't resulting in halberd 1 v 1 with kelly.

The team on pitch at end will if played definitely get relegated.

We need to hope van veen comes out his huff . Obika can produce and maybe mandron back in few weeks cos all others just do not look capable of scoring at all.

Aitchison and danzaki we need to hope are just 1st night nerves but I'm not sure.

Our midfield sitters if you like of any 2 from cornelius slattery and goss will struggle against most in league.

Our defense is just damn right poor.

Scunnered!

44 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

So typed four instead of foul, nae bother, sitting watching the game last night, observed it right away, yir laddy was wrong side, stopped and didn't play to the whistle, Halberg gets up and scores after ball played past him standing claimin foul. There's yir answer DONALD, trump that. 

😂 the camera doesn’t lie yet, you observed it right away?

Yir laddy patter is chronic.

10 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Great starting line, 'For what ive been told' from who????, Well here's from what I've been watching all season. KVV is miles ahead of anyone on the park with movement and ability, but he has little pace and needs a partner, which he has not had, but according to our bold manager, Mandron and him up top where his new way of playing. Bringing on Obika and isolating him just showed where the problem is, no support to the front, no person running past them. On Sod,s, why bring him in from the cold and throw him in at left back, when Mcginn has been playing there, totally threw him to the wolves. As I said on another thread, we were looking for a couple of big buggers to add some bite to the team, what did we get a couple of sand dancers. Blaney now injured, must be a defender lined up, but he will probably be a 7st weakling, sorry don't blame the players, the set up and formation is dire. 

LOL name one person on any discussion board who has ever named their source?. Couldn't care less if you believe me or not but I know that his performance and lack of movement has been questioned. The club are certainly not going to openly declare it for your benefit.

I never questioned his ability but his movement and commitment are certainly in question by anyone who has watched him this season. Yes he has been isolated but there has been absolutely plenty of evidence of his laziness in a hell of a lot of games.

Who are the sand dancers? if your talking about the new guys then you made that judgement after what 1-2 games...ridiculous comment if it was about them.

Boo fucking hoo about O'Donnell he is a professional footballer and Scotland international defender. If he cant keep himself fit enough to play in his position and defend first and foremost then he deserves to be thrown to the wolves and out the fucking door. He was dropped for a reason and it wasn't fitness. His performance last night was abject. If any one of us showed the same performance in their own job as O'Donnell did last night then their supervisors would be having a word sharpish.

When have we signed a 7 stone weakling at the back? you said we probably will where is your evidence we have ever done that? talking absolute pish.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

No, nothing like that 😂

an old manager once told me " yi win wan nuthin every week you win everything " unfortunatly we always give the 1 away first

On O'Donnell;

Carrying a long term injury which needs surgery, and has been put off but it's now at the point where the surgery is essential. Which makes the decision to play him out of position with very little match sharpness even more baffling.

He also rejected the chance to leave in January with his contract paid in full, preferring to stay and try and help the team out the mess we're in.

Performances certainly not where they should be, but there's no doubting his commitment.

Via a Motherwell friendly journalist.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwistAndShout said:

On O'Donnell;

Carrying a long term injury which needs surgery, and has been put off but it's now at the point where the surgery is essential. Which makes the decision to play him out of position with very little match sharpness even more baffling.

He also rejected the chance to leave in January with his contract paid in full, preferring to stay and try and help the team out the mess we're in.

Performances certainly not where they should be, but there's no doubting his commitment.

Interesting. The other alternative, who we brought in at the end of the window was a youth player from Brighton with virtually no first team experience. All this having known months ago that Penney was leaving. Not a good look. 

On O'Donnell;

So we were offered money for him and knocked it back?

If the above is the case then credit to him, I just don't rate, especially as a defender but if he has an injury, then I maybe mistook that for lack of effort, so apologies on that score 

On O'Donnell;

That is interesting and would explain a lot on the SOD front. Just goes to show how much speculation occurs on message boards without knowing the full facts. Its the kind of thing we would have known 2/3 years ago, but fhe clubs position on these things has clearly changed and that has been covered elsewhere.

Given McGinn had been tried there previously and hadnt looked comfortable and our only other option was a new signing who had just walked in the door, the decision to play SOD on Wednesday might have made sense from Hammys perspective,  however, I wouldnt expect to see it again on Saturday.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

That is interesting and would explain a lot on the SOD front. Just goes to show how much speculation occurs on message boards without knowing the full facts. Its the kind of thing we would have known 2/3 years ago, but fhe clubs position on these things has clearly changed and that has been covered elsewhere.

Given McGinn had been tried there previously and hadnt looked comfortable and our only other option was a new signing who had just walked in the door, the decision to play SOD on Wednesday might have made sense from Hammys perspective,  however, I wouldnt expect to see it again on Saturday.

I was thinking that myself re info from club , but I suppose if they broadcast injuries and someone is playing through an injury, the opposition might latch onto it

15 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I was thinking that myself re info from club , but I suppose if they broadcast injuries and someone is playing through an injury, the opposition might latch onto it

I think thats probably why the change came about.

Was certainly under Alexander that it changed, and its the kind of thing he would have done to gain that extra 1%.