Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

17 hours ago, grumpy said:

And no one has even mentioned Willie Watson yet.

Ah great memories. What a right-back. On full throttle he galloped up the wing like a rampaging bull elephant and when he tackled somebody they invariably didn’t want to go near him again. Hard as granite but fair - well most of the time. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I’ll reserve judgement until the end of the season. He wasn’t my preferred choice but he’s got it so gets my backing and now more than ever the support need to back the team and the manager which I’m sure the majority will.

We’ve had two great wins back to back which looked unlikely to say the least after the shambles that had been the last couple of months. The Hearts result in particular was superb.

However we usually do manage to beat Hearts at home at least once a season, indeed we have managed it in each of the last five seasons that both clubs have been in the top flight, so perhaps don’t read too much into last Sunday. It was similar, imo, to us winning at Pittodrie in August in Hammell’s first official game in charge. As with Hearts, we have managed to get at least one win over Aberdeen a season going back to 2017/18 and when we beat them 3-2 up there this season it looked like we had turned a corner and were on the right track.

The next two games are bigger games than the previous two, we need minimum four points to indicate that we are in a revival.

Absolutely buzzing with this guy he just gets it Well fans, everything he says oozes confidence and class! 
He seems to have learned from his mistakes at County and I think (and hope) we have got ourselves a good un here! 

Time for “Stuart Kettlewell is the best on earth” to the tune of Belinda Carlisle “Heaven is a place on earth” Well Bois!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Time for “Stuart Kettlewell is the best on earth” to the tune of Belinda Carlisle “Heaven is a place on earth” Well Bois!!!

WTF is that all about, I hope nobody will  be singing kettle well songs to that tune.

( need to go, Taxi is outside 😁)

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Wellfan91 said:

Absolutely buzzing with this guy he just gets it Well fans, everything he says oozes confidence and class! 
He seems to have learned from his mistakes at County and I think (and hope) we have got ourselves a good un here! 

How much is he paying you?

My last thoughts on Hammel.

Terrible number 2 appointment that was a massive mistake.

The August transfer window was a farce when we are pinning hopes on a striker that might be fit that's hardly kicked a ball for years and a winger that has an injury list aslong as yer arm I knew it was going to be dicey.

Keep forcing with a formation until it works making the players miserable and life sucked out them.

When you listen to Kettlewell and Hammel it's like night an day I am glad Hammel got the sack before it got extremely toxic which it would have become by now if it carried on.

I for one am much happier now than I was two weeks ago and I hope it remains like this under Kettlewells management.Onwards and upwards COYW.

1 hour ago, Coatsy said:

McGinn's comment on the previous state of the dressing room is pretty blunt:

"I've had some good and some bad [dressing rooms] and that is probably up there with the bad ones."

The harsh truth is that not every managerial appointment is going to work out. Hammell obviously talked a good game and he must have had some decent ideas to even get close to the job, but it's a different "kettle" of fish entirely to put them into action.

He's maybe just not cut out for management. Not every ex-player is. Good luck to him in whatever he ends up doing next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

The next time we lose the usual suspects will be all over this thread with the "I told you it was a bad appointment " patter 

I find it very odd there is a clamour from some to be the first "to call it" or to "have said it all along" - as if being seen as being 'right' on the internet has become paramount. 

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I see the daily rancid are reporting that Dundee Untd allegedly want to bring in Craig Levein immediately to save their season, desperation in the extreme with that move. I'm Glad we took a bit of time and made the right choice for the club with SK.

Get him signed up right now, pompous arsehole, they deserve each other.

42 minutes ago, stv said:

Get him signed up right now, pompous arsehole, they deserve each other.

I know it's a different team at a different time, but Levein had a decent record at Tannadice.

I'd much rather they go with someone like Jim Goodwin (who has done nothing since a decent run at Alloa) or Tommy Wright, who showed his prowess for a relegation scrap with Killie.

• Like 1