2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

14 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Firstly I’d say this discussion should be moved to its own thread as it has merit (maybe the mods can sort that) but heres my tuppence worth.

I might be wrong but as the average gate attendance’s includes  the away fans, is it not possible that their crowds are larger because they allow the arse cheeks more than one stand? 
Also, what is the comparison between how many we take to their grounds to what they bring to Fir Park?

They don't they stopped that this season. OF only get one stand in Paisley.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

They are welcome to him at that crazy price, the club were quite right not to try and match it. He hasn't kicked a ball since November but you just know he will score against us on Saturday.

I personally dont care if he does. As long as we find the back of the net. 

1 minute ago, Mccus28 said:

We need a striker!!!!!!!!!!!!! But we will probably sign another fullback before the deadline to give us an almost full squad of fullbacks

I think it's obvious we need a striker. Pretty sure Kettlewell has been trying his best to bring one in. Look at Killie paying crazy money for van veen 

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

They are welcome to him at that crazy price, the club were quite right not to try and match it. He hasn't kicked a ball since November but you just know he will score against us on Saturday.

I doubt he will feature on sat.... they have plenty strikers. If he does I certainly won't be booing him, but won't be cheering him also.   I will focus on oor lads

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

I doubt he will feature on sat.... they have plenty strikers. If he does I certainly won't be booing him, but won't be cheering him also.   I will focus on oor lads

Aye. Once they leave us that's it for me. Won't cheer him won't boo him. Good luck to him. 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

If they have plenty strikers why are they spending seven grand a week on KVV, they obviously don't think too highly of what they have. I think he will come on as a sub.

I'm glad the club didn't get involved in a crazy bidding war for Van Veen.

Killie gambling that he can hit the ground running and his goals will guarantee them a top 6 spot and possible European place (which on current form they might get anyway).

If they don't however, then its basically money spent for mid table mediocrity like us.

History tells us that people with more money than sense piling cash into a Scottish football club at any level usually ends in tears.

I'm actually more pleased at getting Devine on loan than disappointed at not getting VV.

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If they have plenty strikers why are they spending seven grand a week on KVV, they obviously don't think too highly of what they have. I think he will come on as a sub.

One league place higher is £65,000. They have Cove Rangers at home in the cup so will be in the Quarter Final draw.

Speculate to accumulate. Van Veen gets them Europe or a semi and they are well up.

6 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I just mean I don't think he will be thrown in on Saturday 

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

One league place higher is £65,000. They have Cove Rangers at home in the cup so will be in the Quarter Final draw.

Speculate to accumulate. Van Veen gets them Europe or a semi and they are well up.

Totally agree. We have chance of cup run and higher league place and also extra insurance against the drop. Big chance missed there. He will get them into Europe and longer in cup. 

1 minute ago, robsterwood said:

What a signing for Kilmarnock. Was hoping we would show some ambition and get van veen. Maybe get a good cup run or chance of top 6. No ambition or innovation from board.

Killie are apparently paying anything upwards of 7k a week for Kev. Nothing to do with ambition. It's about what we can afford. 

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I just mean I don't think he will be thrown in on Saturday 

Aye McInnes is a smart manager. Van Veen is a confidence player, give him a debut against Cove and if he scores a few he'll push on. Play him against us and he's under pressure which he can't handle.

Just now, robsterwood said:

Totally agree. We have chance of cup run and higher league place and also extra insurance against the drop. Big chance missed there. He will get them into Europe and longer in cup. 

Is that guaranteed?

Just now, wellgirl said:

Killie are apparently paying anything upwards of 7k a week for Kev. Nothing to do with ambition. It's about what we can afford. 

It is about ambition and speculating. A proven goal scorer for a few grand extra that we could make back by place in table and cup run. Have also money from players we sold wilkinon and Turnbull. 

It is about ambition and speculating. A proven goal scorer for a few grand extra that we could make back by place in table and cup run. Have also money from players we sold wilkinon and Turnbull. 

I don't agree. We made an offer and other clubs offered more and he's made his choice and that's it. 

I would imagine if it's us against Ross county or at Johnston. Van veen would be the difference. Look at the draws we had against them.

That's if he replicates the form he had previously. Which isn't guaranteed 

• David locked this topic