Joe Efford

SteelmaninOZ

11 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I like him, I think he has something to offer after initially struggling to make the step up.

He finally found a good run of form under Hammell, then sadly got injured. I hope Kettlewell can find a way to get a tune out of him quickly. 

I agree that he offers something that we dont have up front in pace, he can be a positive assist to KVV n Obika.

He defo has improved under Hammy before injury with better ball carries passing and a few goals, still guilty of not being able to control the ball but he could improve that too.

Never a world beater but a decent player for us, hopefully he can get back amongst the goals for us before the end of the season.

Id keep him for next year but I’m only a Football Manager from the stands so what do I know?…. 

33 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

It's just a matter of will Kettlewell move away from 3-5-2 to accommodate him?

On the basis of his recent interview...yes. He said that 3-5-2 wasn't his preferred option but in the here and now it allowed us to go back to basics and be effective.

I don't think Kettlewell is married to 3-5-2, but I suspect it will be his favoured formation for a few games while it's picking up points for us on the road to guaranteed safety.

Efford, McKinstry, Danzaki etc. will be some of the "layers" he talks about adding.

17 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I don't think Kettlewell is married to 3-5-2, but I suspect it will be his favoured formation for a few games while it's picking up points for us on the road to guaranteed safety.

Efford, McKinstry, Danzaki etc. will be some of the "layers" he talks about adding.

Kettlewell should stick with the current 3-5-2 until we’re safe or it stops working. 

I'd include Tierney and Crankshaw as the etc you refer to. 

• Like 1