McKinstry black balled?

steelboy

I’m not so sure he isn’t rated by Kettlewell. I would like to have seen him given more game time, yes, but I can understand why it has not happened so far. 
Kettlewell had a job to do and devised a structure that suited the players at his disposal AND got us out of the mire. Until Saturday we were not mathematically safe and we were not coasting in many of the games we did win. So I can understand why Kettlewell stuck to a tried and tested formula.

When he got the job  Kettlewell stated that he had to work with the squad he had and that might mean a formation/ style of play that was not entirely his first choice moving forward. Playing Butcher at Centre Back was not his preferred option either, but it worked so he stuck with it.

As for playing McKinstry rather than Spittal during that spell. Not for me. But maybe Kettlewell could find a formation that would get the best out of both players. Given a pre season and without the need for a rescue act from game one. 

With a different squad it might open up other options that would better suit McKinstry. If not, he moves on with my best wishes and thanks. 

10 hours ago, ropy said:

If he is being released ie no contact offered, would there be a fee?

No, there won't be a transfer fee, but depending on the interest he sees in the summer there could be sizeable wages and a signing-on fee, which may put him outside our reach. 

That's if the manager even wants to bring him in. It could just be that he's a very good player who isn't suited to our side.

26 minutes ago, David said:

No, there won't be a transfer fee, but depending on the interest he sees in the summer there could be sizeable wages and a signing-on fee, which may put him outside our reach. 

That's if the manager even wants to bring him in. It could just be that he's a very good player who isn't suited to our side.

Or not as good as player as some on here think and SK does not think he would improve the team we have.