McKinstry black balled?

steelboy

Is it possible that there's a pay/appearance clause in his loan deal? Going by TransferMarkt, he's featured in 19 league games, one more would take him to over half of the allotted 38 games for a standard Premiership season. As others have mentioned, he could have easily been subbed on for Spittal since Kettlewell has come in, but hasn't had a sniff - could it be more financial than fickleness?

41 minutes ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

Is it possible that there's a pay/appearance clause in his loan deal? Going by TransferMarkt, he's featured in 19 league games, one more would take him to over half of the allotted 38 games for a standard Premiership season. As others have mentioned, he could have easily been subbed on for Spittal since Kettlewell has come in, but hasn't had a sniff - could it be more financial than fickleness?

Maybe it's just the simple fact that SK does not rate him and/or he does not fit in to the style of play he wants us to play, he will be off back to Leeds soon anyway as I can't see him getting any significant game time in the last 7 matches.

If Kettlewell didn't rate him he would have been back with Leeds already similar to that of Crankshaw.

Purely to do with the 5-3-2 shape we are playing IMO, we may see a 4-2-3-1 experiment shortly depending on results/safety being confirmed in which case I'd fully expect McKinstry and Efford to get game time, possibly Danzaki in behind KVV.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:22 AM, Ya Bezzer! said:

In this league if you only have one 'style' your success will be short lived as other teams will figure it out.

Happens all the time when managers have a good run in one set of fixtures and then when they play teams a second time round they are sussed.  It's one of the biggest reasons why no team, outside the OF, can really put together any kind of consistency.  

Also, it's possible to have a base structure and then adapt that depending on what is happening in a match.  

That's really the key to being a good manager.  Making intelligent changes in response to the flow of the match.  Not rigidly sticking to one system for 90 minutes every week.

I'm not saying McKinstry should be starting matches, as has rightly been said we are in form right now, but I don't think it's literally impossible for him to play a part in this side.

Manager has been getting points so it's hard to argue with team selection. But who's to say we wouldn't get points with McKinstry playing in this formation. He's never been given the opportunity. To me he's way more than winger. Best player we have. Scored 4 goals when we were playing shit. Always bust a gut for Hamill. Many in our current team threw Hamill under the Bus by not trying.  

1 hour ago, Antrimmfc said:

Manager has been getting points so it's hard to argue with team selection. But who's to say we wouldn't get points with McKinstry playing in this formation. He's never been given the opportunity. To me he's way more than winger. Best player we have. Scored 4 goals when we were playing shit. Always bust a gut for Hamill. Many in our current team threw Hamill under the Bus by not trying.  

It certainly feels like a formation issue but equally I don't see McKinstry as winger.   He's a bit like Tierney in as much as he's a good forward player who can come through the middle and cause problems. 

Therefore the role that Spittal has been occupying seems the most obvious role.  Arguably McKinstry and any others could be a partner for KVV , Mandron doesn't look to be a long term answer. 

On 4/17/2023 at 3:30 PM, Antrimmfc said:

Manager has been getting points so it's hard to argue with team selection. But who's to say we wouldn't get points with McKinstry playing in this formation. He's never been given the opportunity.

He may get his chance now. As you say, the manager has been getting both points and performances from his team without McKinstry, so it's definitely a case of working hard in training and awaiting your opportunity. 

I've already said earlier, I don't think he fits the game / style SK wants to play, plus he'll be back down to Leeds in 5 games to get released if they go down so why all the fuss.

If we're in the market to extend the loan and / or sign him permanently then maybe he has a future under SK but as he's not featured under him so far I don't think that's the case, he'll be part of the summer clearance sale.

16 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I've already said earlier, I don't think he fits the game / style SK wants to play, plus he'll be back down to Leeds in 5 games to get released if they go down so why all the fuss.

If we're in the market to extend the loan and / or sign him permanently then maybe he has a future under SK but as he's not featured under him so far I don't think that's the case, he'll be part of the summer clearance sale.

I think he’s worth signing if possible. The guys still learning and I think he will become a great asset to whoever signs him. If we don’t get him I think we run the risk that he ends up at one of our competitors and give us a torrid time. 

I genuinely believe he has just been unlucky due to formation changes. Can't argue with SK record of P9 W5 D2 L2.

once safe I would like to see him experiment and try a 4 4 2 with McKinstry and Johnston the wide midfielders with cornelius and A N other in centre. Up front possibly KVV? ba boom and maybe Efford once fit.  Plenty options to consider 

On 4/24/2023 at 12:12 AM, Stuwell2 said:

I think he’s worth signing if possible. The guys still learning and I think he will become a great asset to whoever signs him. If we don’t get him I think we run the risk that he ends up at one of our competitors and give us a torrid time. 

He's not worth signing if the manager isn't going to use him, and all indications are that he wouldn't use him. 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:35 PM, Spiderpig said:

Maybe it's just the simple fact that SK does not rate him and/or he does not fit in to the style of play he wants us to play, he will be off back to Leeds soon anyway as I can't see him getting any significant game time in the last 7 matches.

That's almost certainly the case. If he rated him he'd play him. I don't rate him, others will disagree but its about opinions 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, FirParkCornerExile said:

We must surely have to move on a shed load of players as our squad is too big.

We have 14 players either finishing up their time on loan here or who's contracts are ending. Our squad will be losing a lot of size automatically.

2 hours ago, Wellfan91 said:

Double for him against Dundee in the Reserves game today!

Great to see him get amongst the goals. To be fair other than KVV he was our most likely to score and still is.  In our current formation he could sit behind the front 2. 

He's a bit lightweight but dare say would chip in with assists/goals.  

14 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Great to see him get amongst the goals. To be fair other than KVV he was our most likely to score and still is.  In our current formation he could sit behind the front 2. 

He's a bit lightweight but dare say would chip in with assists/goals.  

Could be part of Kettlewell's plan to not play him and attract attention from other clubs so we can get him signed up in summer - method in the madness!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

Stuart McKinstry set for release.

I know he hasn't got a lot of game time since SK took charge, but I was wondering if he could play the Spittal Role in the team?

Would it be worth looking to see if we could keep?

Thoughts?

Nah not for me, I'd rather have Spittal playing the Spittal role, it's obvious SK does not rate him and/ or he does not fit the type of game SK wants to play.