Cup game Motherwell v East Fife 29/07/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, steelboy said:

Looking good for the seed now. Jonny Page lost the plot.

Miller's passing is multiple levels above everyone else in the team. 

I didn’t even realise that’s who that was until the club Twitter posted that it was Page.

Yeah 16 year old Miller is easily our standout player so far. That’s both worrying and brilliant at the same time.

Just now, AllyMax said:

Awww naww.....we always lose against 10 men....

Just as well it's not in front of a big crowd on live TV in a meaningful game against a club desperate for win fielding an ex-player coming back to haunt us. 

• Haha 1

Thought it was a strange looking team selection to begin with. But when you look at SODs and Obika being unfit to start, its not actually that surprising.

McGinn is currently our 2nd choice RWB, so had to start there. So you have to replace him in the centre so Mugabi is the preferred choice there.

Obika being out means either you play young Ferrie or push Spittal up. I would suggest Spittal is the least risky option in a must win game.

Paton is our back up midfielder so he plays and Slattery is pushed up into Spittals role.

Obviously Oxborough instead of Kelly is unforced, but again not a surprise to give him a run out in case Kelly gets injured at some point and we need him.

Given that we are 2 up at half time and cruising, I think we need to give the manager the benefit of the doubt again. He might just know what he is doing.......