Season 23/24 predictions

MJC

12 hours ago, AllyMax said:

So Aberdeen are going to punt Robson cause they're having a shit season  and win a cup in the same year. i can only imagine they'll win the cup under kettlewell then.

If they get off to a bad start in the league then the pressure will be straight on Robson. And if we are outperforming them in the league then it’s only natural to expect Kettlewell to be in the frame should they punt Robson.

3 hours ago, MJC said:

If they get off to a bad start in the league then the pressure will be straight on Robson. And if we are outperforming them in the league then it’s only natural to expect Kettlewell to be in the frame should they punt Robson.

Yeah, I get that 🙂 But you're then saying they'll win a cup, so that will be under Kettlewell then. The same Kettlewell you're having a go at for not knowing what he's doing with signings.

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Yeah, I get that 🙂 But you're then saying they'll win a cup, so that will be under Kettlewell then. The same Kettlewell you're having a go at for not knowing what he's doing with signings.

I didn’t say he didn’t know what he was doing with signings, just that they were underwhelming so far, which they are. That may be down to factors outwith his control, ie. budget. What I have said though is that SK has earned the chance to prove himself after doing a very good job so far since taking over in February. He managed to get a lot more out of certain players than Hammell did and the workrate and application was ten times better once SK took over. 

So if he continues to do well for us, getting that bit more out of players, even our ‘underwhelming’ signings and we as a team do well then it stands to reason that he’ll attract the attention of the likes of Aberdeen should they be looking for a new manager. All hypothetical of course.

My prediction is that we will make the top six this season.

My second prediction is that we will go out of the Scottish Cup to a Louis Moult goal(s) and he will not celebrate the goal(s) as a mark of respect.

I also think we will lose to Dundee today because the promoted teams seem to hit the ground running untill they are found out after the first round of games.

I hope this prediction is already wrong by 5pm this evening.

3 minutes ago, star sail said:

My second prediction is that we will go out of the Scottish Cup to a Louis Moult goal(s) and he will not celebrate the goal(s) as a mark of respect.

He might not celebrate it but some of our fans will probably applaud him if he did score against us. 

28 minutes ago, MJC said:

He might not celebrate it but some of our fans will probably applaud him if he did score against us. 

We need to immediately stamp out this kind of appreciation of the game we love and ensure nothing but small minded tribal bigotry prevails. 

Before you know it fans will be walking away from a match feeling entertained. 

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We need to immediately stamp out this kind of appreciation of the game we love and ensure nothing but small minded tribal bigotry prevails. 

Before you know it fans will be walking away from a match feeling entertained. 

I’m not saying Moult should be booed or abused when playing against us, be he shouldn’t be applauded especially if he scored against us. In my opinion, of course.