St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

29 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Stevens first game as grade 1 ref in SPFL was in May2019 ( 2013 till then  worked up through lower leagues)at SJFC when chopped off a perfectly good goal and denied us a stonewall penalty…….since then he has BUMBLED refereeing around SPFL championship div 1 etc……he has NEVER  officiated in a game involving the ugly sisters  ( perfectly good reason ) as he is diabolical………. Yet week in week out non Old firm teams are allocated these clowns until they are deemed good enough…is it different rules they play with ???????

Think we all know the answer. 

First 45 minutes should be used as an instructional aid for wannabee refs on how NOT to referee a match. Contained so many bad calls - too many to list. Possibly the worst I have seen - and that’s saying something.

Thought the captain was allowed to ask respectfully an explanation for a decision?

Just got around to watching the highlights.

For all Colin Steven is undoubtedly a poor referee it does look like he and the VAR got the offside decision on their goal correct. 

The frustrating thing is it takes so long and the camera angles we appear to be using are so poor, it lends little confidence to the process.

Good finish from Bair again for his goal anf unlucky with his other chance as its point blank range and the keeper spreads himself well.

I see Paton is getting a hard time on social media and I obviously didnt see his whole performance,  and whilst he should hit the target with the first one, the keeper does very well to deny him a shooting opportunity with the second.

Cant help feeling that folk are using him as a stick to beat SK with due to their Ross County connection. I find him to be quite a tidy footballer for the most part who tries to do the right things and is sometimes put under pressure by having no out ball. He looked a much better player in the first part of the season when we were playing well, so I think as we strengthen the squad and try to climb the table he will start to look much better.

Overall, I think it was a decent point, could have had all 3. Need to strengthen up top by the weekend and then we are on to Kilmarock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I see Paton is getting a hard time on social media and I obviously didnt see his whole performance,  and whilst he should hit the target with the first one, the keeper does very well to deny him a shooting opportunity with the second.

The keeper does everything right, but Paton takes a touch too many and the last one is comically heavy. That said, there haven't been many Motherwell players I'd back in a 1-on-1 over the years, so I wouldn't be singling him out for this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Just got around to watching the highlights.

For all Colin Steven is undoubtedly a poor referee it does look like he and the VAR got the offside decision on their goal correct. 

The frustrating thing is it takes so long and the camera angles we appear to be using are so poor, it lends little confidence to the process.

Good finish from Bair again for his goal anf unlucky with his other chance as its point blank range and the keeper spreads himself well.

Cant help feeling that folk are using him as a stick to beat SK with due to their Ross County connection. I find him to be quite a tidy footballer for the most part who tries to do the right things and is sometimes put under pressure by having no out ball. He looked a much better player in the first part of the season when we were playing well, so I think as we strengthen the squad and try to climb the table he will start to look much better.

Overall, I think it was a decent point, could have had all 3. Need to strengthen up top by the weekend and then we are on to Kilmarock.

Yep. I think he's a decent player, heard from one of the players he tends to go into his shell if fans are on his back...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1