St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

5 hours ago, MJC said:

We’ve got a Scottish Cup tie against Alloa before this one. That one is equally as important for us as a Cup run would be hugely beneficial to the club and the support.

Yes we do and there’s a separate thread for the cup game.

10 hours ago, MJC said:

We’ve got a Scottish Cup tie against Alloa before this one. That one is equally as important for us as a Cup run would be hugely beneficial to the club and the support.

yip    but according to you were beat on pens,,,, so maye as well crack on with st j ;) thank you move along please nothing to see here

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Will Bair find his football boots and punish his former team?

That would be sweet for him and us!

Its about time we had a former player that loved getting one over on their old club!

Seems to happen to us all the time!

Connor Sammon and PJ Morrison just being the latest!

Bair will remain ineffective if we don't play to his strengths. We should keep it simple by playing the ball to his feet while he moves towards the goal. Given he was a solo striker yesterday, you could see he was a bit isolated, and you could tell he was getting frustrated with all the high balls to his chest and head. That aside, he still needs to do better and get himself into better positions to receive the good crosses into the box. Biereth would've scored a few of those yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Bair will remain ineffective if we don't play to his strengths. We should keep it simple by playing the ball to his feet while he moves towards the goal. Given he was a solo striker yesterday, you could see he was a bit isolated, and you could tell he was getting frustrated with all the high balls to his chest and head. That aside, he still needs to do better and get himself into better positions to receive the good crosses into the box. Biereth would've scored a few of those yesterday. 

I agree. Theo did the best he could yesterday in the circumstances. There were times where the gap between him and the nearest support was about 30 yards. Thats just no good when your job is to hold it up and bring others into play. He also doesnt have the natural strikers instinct to gamble on the ball arriving in good areas. Some of Gents crosses were just begging to be knocked in the net. Its no criticism of the big man. We know what he is and what he isnt. He is a decent back up steiker at our level probably best suited in a 2. As you say, play to his strengths. Hopefully have someone in to play alongside him for St Johnstone.

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I agree. Theo did the best he could yesterday in the circumstances. There were times where the gap between him and the nearest support was about 30 yards. Thats just no good when your job is to hold it up and bring others into play. He also doesnt have the natural strikers instinct to gamble on the ball arriving in good areas. Some of Gents crosses were just begging to be knocked in the net. Its no criticism of the big man. We know what he is and what he isnt. He is a decent back up steiker at our level probably best suited in a 2. As you say, play to his strengths. Hopefully have someone in to play alongside him for St Johnstone.

Bair is brutal, he has no positionional sense at all, nothing sticks to him so he was unable to hold the ball up and play others in. He ran about like a headless chicken and contributed feck all game, as was mentioned earlier on the few occasions when we got the ball into the box he was nowhere to be seen, a Biereth or a KVV would have probably scored.

Yes he's scored a few goals in recent weeks but the simple fact is he never was and never will be premiership level and its a damming indictment of the problems we have that he was the first choice striker yesterday. 

Unless SK gets a couple of strikers in this window we are heading for trouble as I can't see where our goals will  come from.

• Like 2

16-0 to St Johnstone. We've got shite players and a shite manager and they've got a great manager and even better players. They've also never signed a player who didn't work out. Heavy defeat followed by a special SFA meeting where they make the decision to relegate us immediately after the game.

Either that or we might win....

Or maybe draw.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, AllyMax said:

16-0 to St Johnstone. We've got shite players and a shite manager and they've got a great manager and even better players. They've also never signed a player who didn't work out. Heavy defeat followed by a special SFA meeting where they make the decision to relegate us immediately after the game.

Either that or we might win....

Or maybe draw.

For a second there I thought you were MJC :O

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Are you able to buy tickets on the day at the stadium? Outside chance I might be going so just wanted to check first.

If going you will spot me easily, I will be the guy with the "Sorry Blair" t-shirt 😜😜

A funnier and more versatile t-shirt would say “Sorry B(l)air”  

• Haha 1

Whether he plays Butcher or Mugabi is the big question. 

At Hibs we only had 30% posession but only conceded three shots on target which suggests that we defended quite well. Against Alloa Butcher made Connor Sammon look like Haaland at their goal. The last time we played in Perth we conceded two headers from corners on the 6 yard line. 

He's obviously going to start Butcher. 

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Are you able to buy tickets on the day at the stadium? Outside chance I might be going so just wanted to check first.

I don't know Grizzly, but you could try emailing the club

ticketsales@perthsaints.co.uk

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't know Grizzly, but you could try emailing the club

ticketsales@perthsaints.co.uk

They are e-tickets I would expect you to be able to buy them once you have parked the car.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

If going you will spot me easily, I will be the guy with the "Sorry Blair" t-shirt 😜😜

Just tell them you're a new signing and you'll get a seat on the bench.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Glad to see hearts end up beating Dundee. Hearts are well gone so hope they keep beating the teams around us. 

But we are the Motherwell FC. We hate the Hearts AND we hate Dundee!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We could do with St.Johnstone losing to Aberdeen tonight too. I know that that would see Aberdeen pull further away from us but let’s face it, that was always going to happen. St.Johnstone though will likely remain in the mix with us, Ross County and Livingston until the end of the season. 

As for Saturday I can only see us getting a draw at best.

• Like 1