Hearts v Motherwell 17/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

10 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yup, I wouldnt offer new deals to Bevis or butcher and certainly not Obika.  But that's for end of season 

I think Butcher deserves to stay. Just my view. He's been solid in times where Bevis hasn't been. He's got a lot of good qualities as a player. A shame about that injury 

Just now, wellgirl said:

I think Butcher deserves to stay. Just my view. He's been solid in times where Bevis hasn't been. 

And what have you seen of him this season that tells you he is worth a new contract?

He has had a mare every game he has started he is done at the this level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I think Butcher deserves to stay. Just my view. He's been solid in times where Bevis hasn't been. He's got a lot of good qualities as a player. A shame about that injury 

If he was same player before injury I would totally agree but sadly looks a different player now

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

I think Butcher deserves to stay. Just my view. He's been solid in times where Bevis hasn't been. 

Just think he’s getting on a bit now, too slow, commits too many fouls, doesn’t win his personal battles the way he did last year, seems to have lost a yard, think a full new defence is required.

Just now, Mccus28 said:

100000000% agree, decent big fella but utter baws at footy

I'm just amazed that SOD gets all the grief when Bevis form is so all over the place. The odd goal he scores doesn't make up for the defensive errors 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I didn't say he wasn't simply that I'm far from convinced that he is. These labels are often academic and hard to prove one way  or the other. How many goals would the likes of Bair, Vale or other strikers score if they played for Hearts? You might disagree with my conclusion  and that's perfectly fine  but I hope you agree that there is some merit in my argument. 

Not really but top 3 in league are imo kyogo then shankland then dessers/miovski based on last few years. Only reason shankland is 2nd is because he's at hearts and not one of other 2 so doesn't get same praise. 

Who in your opinion is top 3 in league

6 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

If we survive this season, would you take the boy from Airdrie and let him build a team, talking to a Raith scout and he says the football they play is the best in that league 

It might be, but they're 20 points off the top and 9 off the bottom, so that's a no from me.

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

It might be, but they're 20 points off the top and 9 off the bottom, so that's a no from me.

True, but probably shit budget, just going what the boy is saying, says it’s a bit like Spurs gaffer, tries to constantly attack, says he is going to be a good manager 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Why, Ketterwell has zero tactics, and his recruitment team have been brutal, constructive reason why not ?

His recruitment team? Dont you mean the one he inherited from Alexander? Kettlewell didn't recruit Daws as far as I'm aware. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

His recruitment team? Dont you mean the one he inherited from Alexander? Kettlewell didn't recruit Daws as far as I'm aware. 

Does he not agree the signings 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, gaz7 said:

Good post Joe and agree with all. We look well drilled but I felt his subs were poor. If and only if gent was injured he could have brought on buyabu to keep same balance.  After that was hit and hope from him .Seriously bevis rather than obika when chasing game up top. Shankland difference as he's a top player 

I think the SOD sub was more to do with Vargas coming on that side. He would have torn Devine a new one.

For all SOD has his detractors he did marshall him reasonably well and better than Devine would have.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wellfan said:

I've just seen the goals. Comedy defending as usual. Pathetic. 

Any comment about the free kick that Davor donated to Hearts? I suspect without that free kick we may well have gotten the draw as Hearts were running out of ideas. Also the Miller miss was crucial.

And Kelly did well.

38 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Full clear out needed, hopefully board make the right decision and let SK walk as well, should be looking now for new team to recruit in the summer.

We should be looking for a new team to recruit in the summer? How do you think players will feel if he walks now? Hes not going to walk. They'll need to sack him.