New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'm just looking forward to leaning in to the corporate synergy that leverages KPIs of the verticals in the intersectional market segments funnel as we disrupt the traditional leather based sphere projectile space.

You plagiarised that from the BBC - right?

25 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Journalist Gavin McCafferty who's father was the first Well Society chairman confirming that we will be asked to give up majority control. 

There is literally nothing in that article that backs that up, other than the opening paragraph and it saying the WS voted it would consider it.

I would hardly say that it's "confirmed" because of who his dad is/was. Because if that is the reason he's in the know, that's undermining the potential outcome of an ongoing commercial/financial negotiation and would be incredibly unprofessional from both of them.

But y'know, it pushes an agenda.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Journalist Gavin McCafferty who's father was the first Well Society chairman confirming that we will be asked to give up majority control. 

Can you confirm where he got this confirmation from?

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's being published by a reputable journalist who is a huge Motherwell fan. Why not take him at his word?

Because that's not how journalism is supposed to work? That article is pure speculation with quotes from an interview he didn't conduct.

He published nonsense about the accounts/Kilmarnock earlier in the year and his points were very quickly shot down by the Club/Weir in an interview in January. If anything I'm questioning his motives more because he's a Motherwell fan, rather than taking him at his word.

Also, Barmack is an ex-VP of Netflix and has actually gone on the record about things, why not take him at his word?

Edit: for the record, if it does turn out he's after majority ownership, he can get in the sea. But we haven't had that "confirmed" by any means.

23 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I would hardly say that it's "confirmed" because of who his dad is/was. Because if that is the reason he's in the know, that's undermining the potential outcome of an ongoing commercial/financial negotiation and would be incredibly unprofessional from both of them.

His father is no longer involved with the Well Society board and neither is Gavin McCafferty so neither of the two of them aren't bound by anything. 

This is just standard journalism. It's telling us we're going to be asked to give up majority control, that Douglas Dickie is the one driving it (big surprise there) and that the Society has roughly £700,000 in the bank. It's a good article. 

1 minute ago, StAndrew7 said:

Because that's not how journalism is supposed to work? He published absolute nonsense about the accounts/Kilmarnock earlier in the year and his points were very quickly shot down by the Club. If anything I'm questioning his motives more because he's a Motherwell fan, rather than taking him at his word.

Also, Barmack is an ex-VP of Netflix and has actually gone on the record about things, why not take him at his word?

Steelboy can’t it doesn’t fit his agenda 

6 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

He published nonsense about the accounts/Kilmarnock earlier in the year and his points were very quickly shot down by the Club/Weir in an interview in January. If anything I'm questioning his motives more because he's a Motherwell fan, rather than taking him at his wor

The info about wages is correct. We have spent a lot more than Kilmarnock which is a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's being published by a reputable journalist who is a huge Motherwell fan. Why not take him at his word?

Because he provides no proof of his statement. He may be right, he may be wrong, but since when were journalists guardians of the truth?

3 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Well for a start being "an ex-VP of Netflix" means fuck all to me. 

I had never heard of this guy until last week so i'm obviously going to be sceptical. I'll take the word of long time Motherwell fans ahead of some Californian Tech guy, that's just sensible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

His father is no longer involved with the Well Society board and neither is Gavin McCafferty so neither of the two of them aren't bound by anything. 

This is just standard journalism. It's telling us we're going to be asked to give up majority control, that Douglas Dickie is the one driving it (big surprise there) and that the Society has roughly £700,000 in the bank. It's a good article. 

No, but if someone has told them the details of the deal, they have. So he is potentially accepting information from a commercially sensitive negotiation which is under exclusivity and I would imagine non-disclosure agreements.

And yes. It's telling us those things. Without anything to back up the first point, stating the obvious in the second and telling us something else we already knew. Pulitzer prize stuff, this.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

I had never heard of this guy until last week so i'm obviously going to be sceptical. I'll take the word of long time Motherwell fans ahead of some Californian Tech guy, that's just sensible. 

And that's your prerogative, but don't criticise others because they chose to question what, in their eyes, is a poorly constructed article written by a Motherwell fan because it's written by a Motherwell fan.

• Like 2

Just now, StAndrew7 said:

No, but if someone has told them the details of the deal, they have. So he is potentially accepting information from a commercially sensitive negotiation which is under exclusivity and I would imagine non-disclosure agreements.

If anyone has leaked it must be someone at the club or the Society. 

Journalists don't need permission to publish leaked info. It happens every single day.

35 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The point is is that this stuff shouldnt be getting leaked. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Barmack gave an interview where he was asked - by a Motherwell fan - if he intended to take majority control. He answered the question so it's fair enough if someone at the club or Society feels his answer was dishonest and wants to set the record straight. 

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Barmack gave an interview where he asked - by a Motherwell fan - if he intended to take majority control. He answered the question so it's fair enough if someone at the club or Society feels his answer was dishonest and wants to set the record straight. 

That's preposterous. McCafferty clearly knows nothing more than anyone else. The content of his article makes that clear. It's the headline that's misleading. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

The info about wages is correct. We have spent a lot more than Kilmarnock which is a good thing. 

That was shot down in flames at the time as comparing apples and oranges.

37 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

From what I can remember, it was part of this interview Derek Weir gave. I don't have time to find the right section though.

He talks about us having extra costs relating to the park and possibly match day costs being recorded differently. The point still stands that we have spent significantly more than Kilmarnock during the fan ownership period.

McCafferty's original point was that we don't need "transformational investment" as was being pushed by Weir, McMahon and their PR firm.

3 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Absolutely. Yes, we'd all like to know about the detail of negotiations, but if the source is a leak that is worrying. Most of us have heard "rumours" but have kept quiet. Leaking to a journalist, albiet a well meaning one; thats something else.

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Absolutely. Yes, we'd all like to know about the detail of negotiations, but if the source is a leak that worrying. Most of us have heard "rumours" but have kept quiet. Leaking to a journalist, albiet a well meaning one; thats something else.

Barmack is giving interviews to the BBC about the deal so I'm glad someone is standing up for fan ownership even if they can't put their name to it. 

Keep the leaks coming